Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Traumatized by a goose.

So, me and Jami Leigh Lee, finally made it to the zoo today. Bout time! It was worth the wait though, it wasn't crowded and the weather was perfect Pierce just loooooves the zoo, and for the first time in a long time, we made it through the whole stinkin' thing.



So, take a look with me and all the fun we had today :)

Perfect day, with cute kids...
A little boys dream, hanging out with dinosaurs.



Just precious.

Oh and what PERFECT day would be complete without pink?




So, you see? You see how perfect out day was? Fun with friends, looking at cute animals, and perfect children, I MEAN WHAT COULD GO WRONG?

Insert a seriously aggressive goose.

Who would have thunk it? We couldn't even finish our lunch, because my children were having nuclear meltdowns over the goose. Now in their defense, that goose was quite aggressive, he was all up in our space, wanting some cheez-its. Finally I started throwing that darn goose crackers. Trying to save my children's lives. Ummm, maybe not a good idea, that goose knew I was his pimp. We finally had to pack up lunch and leave. Poor Cooper and Jami, just innocent by-standers, had to give up their lunch time because of our attack goose.

Okay, so maybe not a perfect day, but close.


6 comments:

Jami said...

What is so funny about this picture is that you can't even see you and that Pierce looks more scared than Hope.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

poor kids! i feel their pain! i was attacked by two geese while i was running a couple of weeks ago. they flew up over me, flocked me, and everything. scared the crap out of me. i still won't run past that part of the lake!

Anonymous said...

Gretchen I love that your first reaction is....to take a picture!!! Where's the comforting? Excellent.

Steve

Jaime Mac said...

Steve- Gretchen has a TRUE dedication to her blog. Pics 1st, search & rescue later! Don't judge - that's why I love her! :)

This post was laugh out loud funny! I love how you called yourself the goose's (is that grammatically correct?!) pimp! I was dying!!!! And I agree w/ Jami Leigh Lee-the kids were SO glued to you we can't even see you! I just know you're there bc of your arm! :)
But I am glad you guys had a good day until lunch... duh duh duuuuuhhhhh....

Tracey said...

Love.the.pics. Such vibrant colors!!

And, I seriously almost cried looking at the pic of the kids totally covering you up!!! I guess their fear of dogs extends to other animals, too!!! Glad it was a good day. The zoo rocks!

Jill said...

This is hilarious!