Thursday, July 15, 2010

I've crossed over to the dark side

So, here's the deal. I fought for years, to NOT read the "Twilight series" first of all, I thought it sounded hideous, I mean really vampires??? It actually held zero interest of mine, and then when everybody and their brother started freaking out about it, I actually lost more interest. It's just a thing, I don't like to do what everyone else is doing. So, for years I held out. I guess you see where this is going.....

After some serious "pressure" from a couple friends and a niece, I broke down and started to read them. I am not a serious reader, so when I saw the size of these books I was immediately discouraged, and when I first started Twilight I was actually bored. It wasn't until about halfway through the almost 500 page book, that it clicked and I crossed over. I am now about halfway done with New Moon, and let me tell you, I am loving me some vampires. It's a sickness. I am a 35 year old lunatic woman, who actually was crying yesterday when, well, I won't say anymore just in case there's anyone else who is ready to cross over with me....

2 comments:

Jill said...

You're too funny! I was just like you initially and then all my friends at school started reading them last year and that's all they talked about. I was all in after that. I was finally able to see Eclipse with a girlfriend the other night. It.is.so.good. Aww, Edward. ♥

Jaime Mac said...

HAHA! The twihard cult has recuited another member! I tell ya, I was the same way - reading a book I wasn't real sure about & then CRYING as I read. Now you understand it's not so much a story about vampires as much as it is a LOVE story! ;)
Keep reading - you can come with us next November to see the last movie...& we can scream & fight over Edward (swoon...)!