Wednesday, August 17, 2011

It's time I start to introduce you to some BG friends.

October 1st will mark the one year anniversary since moving to BG. I remember someone telling me before we moved, "it will take about a year, before you start to feel settled" and I can attest to this. By no means does this feel like my hometown, but it also doesn't feel as strange anymore and I'm sure part of this is because I'm finally beginning to make some friends. I no longer sit at home crying and sucking my thumb, of course, I kid (kind of) but it does take a while to find a nitch. So, I thought it was high time you start meeting some of the people I know.

First up, Brittany, she's sitting right next to me. Few facts about Brittany.....she and I did boot camp together. We are sure that we are the only two people in boot camp history to gain weight, and also weep during class. Brittany is currently getting her doctorate, yeah she's really smart. Brittany has two boys, her oldest is 4 and is in Hope's class at pre-school, and her youngest is 1.

Second is Laurie. Few facts about Laurie.....she was miss Kentucky basketball! She and I go to Jazzercise together. She has TWIN boys, who are 4 years old, the boys are also in Hope's pre-school class. One of the very first things I ever noticed about Laurie, was her affinity for big ol' earrings!! Not very often I meet other big ol' earring wearers, and she has a wicked collection! :-)

I have met and am still meeting some wonderful people down here. And since many of my readers are scattered in places other that BG, I want to share my experiences and the people with you.

8 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

WHAT?! You have BG friends?! NOOOOOO!!!!

HAHA, only kidding of course! I'm SO glad you are starting to feel settled! What a nice feeling to have people in your own time zone to talk to, hang with & borrow earrings from! Thanks for sharing you new chicas with us!
:)

Jami said...

Own time zone... That's awesome! Sometimes I wake up and have something to tell you than I have to remember it's 5:30 am your time.

So glad you blogged this. I'd love to meet these girls sometime!

Susie said...

Glad to see that you made friends with some nice women. It makes the move a little better.

Tracey said...

This makes me happy :) The thought of you in the fetal position sucking your thumb makes me sad!!!

I feel like I know Brittany since I have heard you talk about her. She seems really sweet! I can't wait to meet your BG gals!!! Yee haw! ;)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

That's great!! I am glad you are feeling settled. :)

Jill said...

That's awesome! I can't imagine how hard it would be to adjust. You seem like you're doing GREAT! :)

Arthur Family said...

I think that's the hardest part...making friends. I love hearing your updates!

Brittany said...

Love this post:) Im just now seeing it!! I'll hack this picture soon! Feeling super blessed to have you in my life in good ol' BG!