Monday, November 14, 2011

"This week, daddy gets to be a redneck."

Today was the day! The day to visit gramma, and to be a gun totin', NRA supportin', camo wearin', shootin' family.

I have to re-tell a conversation I heard between Paul and Pierce first though. I was getting ready in the bathroom, and I heard Pierce ask his dad, "why are you dressing like that everyday, and not shaving?" To which Paul said, "because this week, daddy gets to be a redneck."

Oh dear.


Paul was VERY excited to see his grandmother, they share a very special bond, and they think the world of each other. Grandma has a hard time getting around, but that didn't stop her from making a homemade apple pie, for her boy.
One of my favorite things about 'grammas' house? The real fire!! Ahhhhhh. Nothing like the snap, crackle, pop and warmth from a log fire.

But Pierce had one thing on his mind. An opportunity to shoot his 22 for the very first time.





I sat back and watched my little boy experience a right of passage.







He had two generations of Bush's giving MANY instructions.








And it paid off! He shot the cans dead on!!






Then it was time to practice on the other target, the one with the bulls eye in the middle of the sheet.






But some others had to have a turn to show off. Grandpa, the master of the Bush's.











Paul. The king of rednecks this week.











Meemaw the Queen of the Bush's.











And me. The odd man out of the group. The one who has never shot a gun in her life. What to do? What to do? Why, throw on some camo and join your redneck husband.












And please look at the target, I am the one that says mom. Boo yah!!! I might just be good at this redneck thing after all. :)

























6 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

Couple of things:
Rico being a redneck? Hilarious.
You with a gun...& PINK camo? Hilarious.
Gramma with a gun? Hilarious.
Pierce with a gun...resting on Rico's shoulder? Freaking scary. Is Rico nuts?!

Tracey said...

I love that Paul referred to himself as a redneck. Hilarious!! And I love that you and Pam were shooting too. Good job, Pierce!!!!!!!! :)

Love me a real faar!!!!

Jami said...

This post is awesome on so many levels! You shot a gun! Love it, makes me wanna come up to Michigan. Love that Paul's mom was out there shooting too.

Susie said...

Scary for holding gun on shoulder for Paul! That is funny that you even tried a shot at it!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I'm with Jaime! So many funny things in this post! I love it!! and I love the fire!! Warmth from a fire. Nothing like it!

Jill said...

This is hilarious! Look at you, momma, and almost hitting the target. I'm impressed! :)