Wednesday, June 22, 2011

No girls allowed. No boys allowed.

The anticipation has been high at our house, awaiting the arrival of meemaw and grandpa. Kids are always super excited to see them, but this time even more so because of some special adventures planned. Today, Paul, Tom and Pierce headed out for a "boy's only fishing trip." Pierce is BEYOND excited about this. Getting out without his mom telling him to "be careful" every other second, making him eat his veggies and fruit, belching loudly, and staying up late, the chance to catch big ol' stinky fish..... I mean what more can a kid wish for? I on the other hand have being giving Paul one lecture after another how to properly take care of Pierce for one whole day, dramatic maybe? Paul just kind of says, "yes dear" and laughs at me, you mom's understand, right? ;)


So, ready to get the show on the road!!! NO GIRLS ALLOWED.
Now what would the girls do without those stinky boys around?
Go get pedicures!! NO BOYS ALLOWED.
This was a first for Hopie. She's a natural at this of course, as she is with all things laced in heavy estrogen.
She was about 4 chairs down from me, just chatting up a storm, and telling 'Lucy' exactly what she wanted.

Purple, with sparkles and polka dots. PERFECT ;)Here we all are done up. It's fun being a girl, I mean who wants to go fishing??
Of course one of the many instructions given was to take lots of pictures for me. I've already been sent a few and wanted to share....


I soooo hope they have a great time, but I can't wait until they are all back here with me :-)

Tomorrow's agenda for girl time? Shop of course.

7 comments:

Susie said...

I know what you mean. I would be lecturing too. It is nice to have a girls days though. Pretty toes.

Jami said...

That is so awesome that Hope got a pedicure. And how cute are her shoes? Nice tan feet!

Jill said...

Sounds like loads of fun for the boys and the girls. So good to be making those memories. :)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I love this!! It is so something my family would do. Boys fish. Girls get pedicures!! In fact, we have done this before! I can't wait to take Nora. Is she too young? hee hee!! :)

Tracey said...

What a great day! I love it that Pierce looks all manly now. ;) And Hope fits right in with the ladies. awesome!!! hope u guys have a fab week!

Jaime Mac said...

As always, I smiled & laughed through this whole post! The no girls & boys thing cracks me up! LOVE Hope getting a peddie! It's good to see some parents still have values now days... ;)

Brittany said...

LOVE IT! :) Ok, what I am I gonna do one day when the boys go on stinky trips?? I guess I'll be hanging out with you and HOpe!! :) ha!