Monday, April 30, 2012

Trying our hand at four.

Take a look at these sweet faces! 

This was our view on Saturday night. 


Brittany and Blake had a shindig at their house, and wanted to be kid free for a some of it. So, I gladly said we could watch them. I thought it would be fun to get a little glimpse into what life with four might be like. And to those of you that do it for reals, like every single day? I tip my hat to you.

Actually the night went really well, and it's fun having the extra kids around because they entertain one another.  But I knew that we had to get these kids out and let them run and play.


And It's fair to say that they were pleased with my decision.


Honestly, it was such an awesome night.



The weather was glorious, the kids were running and playing, and I felt myself getting verklempt a time or two. Who's dramatic?


Check out his little underwear sticking out of his shorts. The mom in me found this cute.

And the PMS in me, found every little thing these kids did, just plain SWEET.



Like running up and down a hill repeatedly.


And being free.


I wish I could still feel that free.

Have mercy on me, I was just feeling it.

And about the time I could have started to ugly cry, Paul had a grand idea...
 "Who wants to go treasure hunting kids?"

A brilliant man who knows how to slip a geocaching trip into any situation. 
 The kids were pumped! I think they were expecting to find Lego's or something.

We hunted and hunted...



And some of the audience may have become bored.



But guess who found the treasure?

ME!!!! And sadly had to report to Layton that the "treasure" is a measly piece of paper you write you name on son. I don't think he was too impressed.

But good thing is, there were hills to be climbed.


And four little children with lots of energy to do such climbing.

And four little children who would have stayed outside playing until the sun was completely gone.

But eventually we had to call it a night...



I can't claim I could handle four of my own, but I can claim Saturday night a success, and here is my proof.


9 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

You could do 4 girl! :) Looks like a FUN laid-back night!

Angie said...

Looks like they had a blast! Anytime you have running, smiling, laughing kids it's a success :)

Jaime Mac said...

YOU found the treasure? Goodness...I can't believe it! :)

Susie said...

That was sweet of you to watch the two of them!! Looks like fun was had by all!!

Brittany said...

Awwww, I loved getting a glimpse into your night with them! How fun!!!!!! I am so thankful that you helped us out and the boys had a blast:))))) I love the picture of Luke with his hands on his chin. TOO CUTE!!!!

Love ya - and Paul too (just a little) ha!

Britt

Tracey said...

Cuteness! Love the pics! The one of Luke bored is so sweet. :) Way to go Paul for livening things up!

Jami said...

If I would have known you were up for having some more kids I would have driven my two down there.
Really sweet friend! Leave it to Paul to do some entertaining.

Kerry said...

You did so well with four, it really suits you ;)
Who doesn't love a trip to a play park?!!
Good job!

Jill said...

Love that you did some more "treasure hunting" and YOU found the "treasure". I think you could handle four just fine! ;)