Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A new chapter of life begins....

On October 22, 2004 I became a new mommy. I really thought my baby would be a baby forever, and visions of kindergarten were far, far away. However, in what seems like a blink of an eye, that baby is a boy and starting his school years. I've daydreamed about this day for years, and just like I thought, there were tears, not his of course. Pierce actually was excited, and that helped me a ton!!! Funny thing, today was just day #2, and the first thing he says to me when I pick him up "Mom, I'm not going to school tomorrow" "Oh, you don't think so, why not?" "We have music class, and I'm not doing that" Hahahaha!! For some reason he's determined that's not for him ;)



Getting going bright and early..

Hope was completely out of it. She's soooo not used to getting up early ;)
This one got stuck in here twice, oh well!!! He's a little stud.
His backpack is as big as he is!!!

Don't you just break out into a random run before you head to school or work?!?!?
Heading into that big school!!!!
Sooooo excited!!!
In front of his cubbie!!!

At his desk!!!
Soooo, I thought *maybe* Pierce would cry, I knew I would cry, but I didn't anticipate this one crying!!! She was soooo upset that we "were leaving her brother" Poor baby!!!! So, kindergarten is underway!!!! I'm sooo proud of my little man!!!!

5 comments:

Jami said...

What a handsome little man. He looks so excited. I'm proud of you, you did good mommy!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

WOW!! Great job buddy!! i'm gonna cry like a baby too!! i feel your pain. hang in there!!

Jaime Mac said...

I LOVE the pic of him with his backpack hanging on 1 shoulder - ya know, like all the cool kids. Psssh, no one uses BOTH straps anymore....
Hope cried too? She is her mommy's daughter.... (great idea to get a pic to blog... genius! :)

Jill said...

Wow! I can't imagine what a BIG day that was for all of you! : ) He is such a handsome boy. And he looks so confident and ready to go. Love the pic of Hope,too. Glad to hear you survived. ; )

Tracey said...

Great pictures! And I love the new look!!!!! :) Um, where were the pictures of MOMMY crying?? Srsly, he is adorable! So is Hope!