Monday, July 20, 2015

I hope they remember

Maybe because we moved this summer, but this summer break has flown by. I'm back to work in two weeks, so mentally for me the summer is finished. (And yes I know I need to show pictures of the house, I promise to do that soon!) But the move has definitely consumed us. First it's the actual unpacking, then it's trying to settle in, then decorating and hanging stuff, and then in any spare time it's looking up cute ideas on the internet. I'm sort of obsessed. I need to go back to work so I quit spending money. 

But back to our break. 

The kids are all about swimming with friends. 



But you know who else they want to swim with them?



ME.

They always ask me, "mom you gonna get in today? And actually get your hair wet?" And then I generally just stare at them. You know for us moms it's like a whole ordeal. Did I shave? Will I need to re-wash my hair? Is the water so cold I will scream like a little baby? ORDEAL I SAY.

But then you get on Facebook or something and read all these articles about how we need to get over ourselves and actually PLAY in the water with our kids. OY FACEBOOK, QUIT MAKING ME FEEL GUILTY.

While I may be content to sit outside the pool with a friend, I do at times decide to actually get in and play.


And what better way to go in.


I hope they remember.

I hope they remember the times I said YES to playing.



All in, goggles on, games played, just like one of them.


I know I will remember these days.



 I watch them over and over show me their tricks.


And yes, at times join them in the fun.


I know I will always remember, I hope they do too.


4 comments:

Lynne and Nick said...

You are a great Mom - they will definitely remember all the fun! :)

Susie said...

I am sure they will remember!!

Jami said...

I've been trying to be more intentional myself about getting in, it's not my hair as much as it just so hard cold!!

Jaime Mac said...

I'm w/ ya on the getting my hair wet....this proves we are getting old(er)! Since you haven't really told us anything about the new house (aside from the fact it EXISTS) - do you guys have a pool now???? :)