Monday, October 12, 2015

Until next time

These two. 

They go way back. Way back to the playgrounds of second grade. 


Best friends for for about four years now, which when you are young that's FOREVER!

In those years there has not been a single playdate. Due to language differences and such, I could never make it happen. And that made Pierce really sad. He's asked for years to play with his friend, and for years it just never happened.

But that's the past.

An early birthday present for Pierce this year was this.....



We've anticipated this day for weeks and I'm not gonna lie, I think I was just as excited as the kids. I've wanted this for Pierce for a very long time, so I was just so happy for him.


So we welcomed our friends with generous acts of kindness...



They got right to the important stuff.



SHOOT OUR FRIENDS WITH NERF GUNS.


Pierce even bought extra bullets for the event, like HUNDREDS EXTRA.



Our poor neighbors will be finding ammo for years probably.


But seeing as he's been mentally planning this for years he had it all planned out. Bring out the big guns...



And play some X-box.



While the boys were enthralled with some video madness, the littles had their own thing going on with Spider girl.



I was so glad that little brother tagged along, he's in Hope's class and they had the best time together!



 Before we knew it the hours had passed away and it was almost time for out friends to go home, but not before a treat.



Pierce asked for M&M's.


His friend has an egg allergy and he didn't want to take any chances. He was horrified that wax was getting into the M&M's, but you know I'm clever like that.



It was a simple day. But it was the best day.




For hours I just watched them play, and I was just thankful for this moment.


Until next time friends.


1 comment:

Susie said...

Aww how sweet and fun for them!