Saturday, January 17, 2009

Did I really sat that?? Also, what did he say??

Here's to all the moms, and all those times we've said things that made us realize we have turned into our mothers.....

Scenario: Eating dinner with a four year old, who as always is picky. A mommy who is fed up with making dinner and sitting down with children who pick, pick, pick....

Me : "Pierce you eat that food"
Pierce: "Mommy I do not like sketti"
Me: "Pierce take a few bites"
Pierce: "Mommy I have it under control" (what the ?@#$)
Me: "Look Pierce there are starving children in Africa who would love to eat that
sketti" (again, what the....)

At the moment those words came out my mouth I realized I had turned into a real mom. While of course it is true there are starving children (and I'm not trying to make light of that, ) it was just such a mom moment......

2 comments:

Hers and His said...

That's too funny. Chris and I have a few lines that if we ever say to our kids we've both agreed to just jump off a bridge. haha

Chris' line is "I'm gonna give you somethin to cry about!" :)

Tracey said...

I love it! "I've got it under control..." Hilarious!