Saturday, April 11, 2009

Wayside Mission.



On this day Pierce and I were FORTUNATE enough to go serve at the Wayside Mission. Call me stupid, call me nieve, but not only was this for my son, this was also for me. I've never been around homeless people and to be honest, at first it made me uncomfortable, but as I looked at them and their babies I just had a heart for them.

I take my job as a parent very serious and I want to teach my children that this world does not revolve around them. I want them to serve others, and I will be happy to do so along side them. Pierce was a little trooper, hiding eggs for other kids and helping them find them, and then serving drinks.

Here's a look at our blessed day :)


Hiding eggs for the kids

Oh so serious...



More hiding...


Some of the kids and parents as they started the hunt.




A darling little girl....





Food line...






Pierce's job was serving drinks and he took it VERY SERIOUSLY!!















(just had to throw this one in, it was after we were done and he was helping me get gas and acting silly, what a cutie)










This is my favorite picture of the day.....











3 comments:

Jami said...

That is so awesome! It does bring great joy helping others, but greater joy teaching your children to help others. This is something that Pierce will grow to remembe always.

Jenny said...

What an awesome thing to do! That is such a good idea to help teach our kids to help others. I may just have to steal it and do something like this with Griffin! Thanks Gretchen :) You are such a great Mommy!

Tracey said...

God has really grown you over the past year. I am so blessed and humbled to be your friend. You are a wonderful mother who gives and gives and gives. Your children will grow up naturally wanting to give to others. People were blessed because of the two of you!