Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Camping

We went out camping for the first time this season over Memorial Day. It was a group from our ABF (adult Bible fellowship) class. It was very hot, but of course the kids didn't mind, and also very "ticky" yuck. My kids really had a good time and I can say this is the first time I noticed that Pierce was ready to go off ALL THE TIME with his friends. Bittersweet.... The best part you ask?? I was able to go home and sleep!! We went to Charlestown park, and we only be 5 minutes away, HOLLA. Momma was able to go home and sleep and shower ;) I like camping, except for public showers, sleeping in a tent, and sweating, and bugs....I guess I'd just prefer to eat with my homies and leave.



Kids sitting down to enjoy some hot dogs.



Checking out the tent for the first time.

Paul chilling with his baby girl.



THIS WAS PIERCE THE ENTIRE TIME...all he did was ride his bike.




Riding with the "big boys"












The whole gang






SNAKES!!! Yes, we saw snakes, 3 to be exact. "Park Ranger Woman" came by and told us all about them...this one would actually shoot you with a musk, gross.










Paul a.k.a. "Crocodile Hunter"









Watching my son pet a snake and wanting to scream "RUN FOR YOUR LIFE" but "park ranger woman" told me not to worry...whatev.









In my opinion, best park of camping....smores.























Come to momma....














Hopie pouting because she didn't get her way.














Paul and Eric playing cornhole.















Cute.

















Pierce trying to make friends with Brownie...very sweet and beautiful dog.
















Hope ready to take on some "X-treme sports"

















Jill, Connor, Angela, and Avery.



















Paul, Hope, Dan, and Tom.....studs (well except for Hope)




















Pierce and Connor taking on a game of cornhole.



















And of course who can leave out T.........
























Thanks husband #2 for this shot.

























2 comments:

Tracey said...

OMG - thanks for the hideous shots of me!! ;P
I love it... "come to momma!" Paul did make one heck of a s'more! Great pics. :)

Jami said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Smores shot.