Thursday, February 25, 2010

My kids did not get blessed with a craty mama.

Yep, my kids got gipped. I am not a crafty mama. Not at all.

I'm the mom that will have my kids shopping pros. They will excel in shopping...colors, fabrics, matching...how to pace yourself when shopping....the art of a sale....the joy of the hunt....

However, when it comes to crafts, I have failed them...... I play with my kids..... I let them help me cook..... we work on school work, and numbers and letters...... we read....but crafts blow. Yet, when I read others blog's, I can't help but feel inferior. I won't name any names (Alicia ;)) but some of you moms rock at all things crafty, and scientific. So, I have vowed to become a better crafty mama.





Here's my first attempt. Please don't laugh, I know it is simple and easy, but maybe soon I'll work my way up into something more serious.
My children ate it up. They have been deprived.



Check out the artistry.








And then we even worked on a sun catcher. Yep, I'm feeling pretty bold these days ;)





Got these at the $1 bins at Target. Kind of junky, but the kids didn't mind.


So, stay tuned....I VOW to be a more adventerous, scientific, crafty mama!!!











7 comments:

Jami said...

You have me beat, I'm so not crafty in the least. We did get some $1 miniature pots to plant some flowers in, we have to move them soon so maybe I will get the paint-a-pot.
Don't worry I feel inferior all the time reading others blogs too.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

HA HA HA!!! that is hilarious!!! i am SOOOOOOOO not crafty!!!!! you are so not inferior but this did CRACK ME UP! Thanks! :)

Tracey said...

FUN! I love it that your kids do all things naked! :)
You are a great mama!! What a good idea to do the sun catchers and the pots. I'm impressed that Hope can paint her name!!

ginmommy said...

And apparently, a mama that cannot spell either. That would be CRAFTY not craty ;)

Jaime Mac said...

You are seriously cracking me up! I have not one crafty bone in my body, either (I have a cruise scrapbook I've been wanting to do since December...of 2008!! but I don't know where to begin & feel completely overwhelmed!) However, I have no offspring that will be scarred for life because of it. :) Sadly, I am the only one who loses in this battle (sniff, sniff). But I will say your crafts are perfectly fine. Baby steps ginmommy...baby steps... :)

Jill said...

Okay, I saw your post title and thought you meant something totally different. Ha! (I'm sure you can only guess!) Anyways, you're inspiring me, girl! You are SO crafty and I'm lovin' the spring crafts.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

btw, i love the flower pots! i can't wait to see some spring flowers in those things!

i bought those same sun catchers at the dollar spots for my boys' easter baskets! they're cheap and cute! :)