Wednesday, September 23, 2009

First Dentist Appt....

First of all let me say, how disappointed I am in myself for forgetting my camera!!!!!!! I've been keeping it in my purse, but last night took it out to download some pics, BOO.

Anyways, today was the day I have not been looking forward to. I had visions of screaming children and dentists telling me "your a horrible mother look at these hideous teeth"

I was pleasantly surprised. They took Pierce first. Before the cleaning began they took him back to have x-rays (without me I might add). When he came out I said "Hey what went on in there? " "Took pictures of my teeth"(like no big deal mom!!) Then they cleaned, flossed, counted, etc.... he must have asked the hygienist 95 questions, but she patiently answered them all....

Hope's turn....Since she's still quite little, they just had me keep her in my lap, with her head in the hygienist lap. For a second there, she was gonna lose it, but she prevailed and opened that mouth right up. So proud :)

Best part?? Dentist comes to check the teeth and says "No cavities, mom your doing a great job"

Worst part? "Does Hope take a pacifier" "Yes" "You need to stop that by the time she's three, it's causing bite problems and will create future problems that can be very hard to correct" Of course I knew this was coming (Yes I'm one of those moms who hasn't taken away the paci yet, quit rolling your eyes TRACEY, tee hee) So, I've got 6 months to get her off the paci. I am waiting until we get back from Florida!!!!

Overall, went great. I'm very thankful, and I think the kids actually enjoyed it :)

4 comments:

Tracey said...

Glad it went so well for you!!! :)

Oh, and don't worry. I'm sure Hope isn't the only child who goes to Kindergarten with their paci! ;P

melanie said...

Was this doctor Miller? He was my dentist. Remember my dentist story? He was on state street.
Isn't it funny when we get all worked up "knowing" things are going to go bad and everything turns out fine.?

Jami said...

Awww... Hopie did a good job. Aren't you proud?

Michelle said...

I told Eli to give his "meme" paci to Baby Adeline, because she didn't have one. It worked... we've been "meme" free since the summer. :o)

Also, which dentist did you see, I need to set Eli up for an appointment.

Anyway, good job Mom!