Sunday, January 24, 2010

Just a few odds and ends....

First of all, let me say what a hideous month January is. I am completely let down after the holidays are over. It's cold, dark, and just blah. THEN on top of that, my kids have been sick. I mean for the ENTIRE month. It's been one thing after another. Now Hope is sick....again. We need fresh air, sunshine, movement. As much as I love you December and was sad to see you go, I now need to now see March or April.......

Since I have had my moment to whine, let me share a few things......

My boy. My beautiful firstborn had entered a new stage.....he's taking showers....SIGH. The boy I used to bathe in the kitchen sink, and in the tub that was used on my mom's firstborn, is now taking showers.....Now, I still help out. He's not in there all alone going without mommy's "supervision" but isn't this the beginning?? Eventually he won't need me. The days of baby shampoo, and lotion, hooded towels, and chasing after a naked baby butt.....Really, why do they have to grow up???

Hope. My sassy, frassy little daughter. She's ALWAYS been vocal, but lately I just look at her and wonder "where did you come from??" Here's some of the latest things she's been saying and doing ....."you've got to be kidding me mom"......"just give me a minute, OK" ....oh and she's been really honing her skills, whenever she is about to get into trouble...."mommy, your so beautiful, and I love you very, very much" .....and her latest prayer, is saying the pledge of allegiance..... instead of folding my hands, I feel as though I should put my hand over my heart ;)

I adore my children. Thank the Lord that they are here to cheer up such an ugly, dreary month.....they both MAKE MY HEART SING.

4 comments:

melanie said...

Your kids are hilarious! awww... I don't even want to think about Corbin getting too big to need my help.

Tracey said...

What a cute post! I do have to admit that as much as I loved Levi being little, I enjoy each new stage he enters. Just as long as he stays this age and doesn't grow anymore before Kindergarten! :)

Kids are the best!

Jill said...

What a cute post! : )

Jami said...

Your kids do crack me up, everytime I see Pierce he has grown half a foot and little Hope is just adorable!!