Thursday, June 17, 2010

I'm not one to complain, but since you asked...

So, let's get to it. What erks me??

1) People who are late all the time..... We all run late on occasion, no big deal of course. However, there's a group of people who never run on time. You know what I think that says?? "Your time is not important, but mine is" I also believe if you're running late, you should call to let the other person know, just common courtesy.

2) When someone rides your tail driving..... You know what I'm talking about?? You look in your rear view mirror and all you see is the back end of someone's car because they are that "up in your space" If you do that to me, I will slow down to my slowest speed possible, just to aggravate you. Oh, and then if you go to speed up to pass me, I will also speed up. Cause I'm petty like that. ;)

3) Whistling....Yep, whistling. I know it's weird, but something about the tone of a whistle that just gets under my skin. Here's the thing too, sometimes when Paul and I have arguments, he'll whistle. You know like, "Oh, I'm Mr. Happy go lucky, I don't care that you're mad at me" Ooooo, I want to shove a sharp object in that little whistle hole when he does that.

4) Judgmental/Critical People....So, let me first start by saying, I am judgmental and critical at times. I fail in this area just like the rest of us, but I remind myself daily that my faults are no different than the next person's, and I am no better than the next person. However, there's a group, especially in
the Christian community that takes judgment and criticism to a whole new level. Jesus referred to these people as Pharisees. The one's who use their Bible's as a weapon, and who are always ready to tell off the next person, you'll notice the long line of wounded souls in their path. What was it Jesus said?? You can know it all, but if you don't have LOVE, you are noise. "Giving grace is the rule of the Kingdom" I don't know about you, but I'm so grateful for that grace, and I'm so grateful for the ones that the Lord has put in my life that example that grace. The others who are around to tear down and show you their misery, can take it elsewhere.

So, there you go...there's my pet peeves. I don't know about you guys, but I'm looking forward to discussing my favorite things, ahhhhhhh ;)

7 comments:

Jami said...

Too bad I can't whistle :)
Christians are some of the most judgemental people in this world. It's a shame too. But it's also a shame we all do it, it's one area I try to be better in.

Tracey said...

HOLLA!!!! Preach it! Dang, isn't that the truth...we Christians can be ROUGH on each other! So true. It's pitiful.

Oh, and I think you should start carrying a #2 pencil with you to shove in Paul's "whistle hole" when he does it just to annoy you!!! Hi-larious! Don't hang around your Boo too much, tho. He whistles, hums, taps, and plays "air drums" all the time! OUI.

Jaime Mac said...

I love the title! Looks like lateness is a pretty common theme! :)
Love the stabbing something sharp in the whistle hole! Funny!
Judgemental Christians - that was an interesting one to read. We all know I'm not ultra religious, but nothing gets on my nerves more than when folks who are like to shove their stuff down my throat. I don't like that. My bro-in-law (& we all know how I feel about him) used to tell me how he was "so worried about his brother b/c he had never been baptized blah blah blah." Yet, he(bil)could go out & live his life in a un-christianly way. Do as I say not as I do anyone?!
I know everyone makes mistakes but I think God knows our HEARTS. (And he made us & he knows we all have struggles!)
Good post Ginmommy. I enjoyed it.

Arthur Family said...

I really want learn to whistle now....seriously, IU am so with you on the judgemental issue. We seem to have no idea how to extend grace to anyone anymore!

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

I was fine with people who would whistle... UNTIL I got pregnant and since then it's like something changed and it makes me C.R.A.Z.Y.

Jami said...

Beth had a good point about being pregnant. There are some people at church who always gives us hugs when we walk in. In recent weeks, due to my protruding belly and the feeling we are living on the sun, I hear the words "personal space, personal space, personal space" ringing in my ears when I walk in.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

whistling.....that is FUNNY!!!! i really laughed out loud when i read that one!! thanks!