Thursday, June 10, 2010

I'm still here.

Have you been missing me??

Well, I have a couple reasons for my absence.

First, my in-laws have been here. They live in Michigan, so we see them on average about 4-5 times a year. I know there are many horror stories about in-laws, but I love mine. I'd say after my mother in-law and I lived together for 3 months, that our relationship was established!! The kids loved having them here for their undivided attention, and our time was packed with things to do. Oh, I have lots to blog about with our visit, and well, that takes me to the second thing....

There was an accident. A horrible accident. MY computer, my laptop that I upload all my pics on, was in an accident. It was attacked by a diet coke. Yep, the kids and I were goofing around and it landed right on the keyboard. HORRIBLE. The thing still turns on, but the bottom half of it doesn't work. SOOOO, until we either get it fixed or get another one, I may not be blogging very much.

Don't cry for me children. Life must go on. I've faced much worse, but it is a real kick in the pants aint it.

7 comments:

Jami said...

OH NO! The computer is out... that ranks right up there with no cell phone. Actually for me it would be worse, I can live w/o my cell phone.

Susie said...

I can't imagine living without my computer.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

oh no!!! hang in there. i'm pretty sure there are support groups for stuff like this. i couldn't live without my computer! :)

glad you love your MIL!

Hers and His said...

:(

Jill said...

I have missed you, Gretchen! Hope it gets fixed soon! :)

Jaime Mac said...

I HAVE missed you! But I must say that the computer attack is kinda your fault. Whose diet coke was near the computer? And who is suppose to be the responsible adult while there is 'goofing off' going on? Oh, wait - Paul must've been at work... :)
This just gives you time to come up w/ really good stories.
BTW-Jami Leigh Lee you could live w/out your cell phone?! Whaaaa?!

ginmommy said...

You know Jaime Mac, you have a great point!! Why was a diet coke by the computer?? Me totally being irresponsible, but I've learned my lesson!! I can still update, it just wont have pictures. Just my awesome written words ;) Thanks everyone for making me feel loved!!