Monday, September 27, 2010

EPIC WEEKEND...Shopping bliss, girlie time, a miracle, cute kids and sushi.

So, in order to "ease" this whole moving away thing, Paul told me a while back that I could plan something special for a weekend. Well, you know what special means to me....SHOPPING. So, with that idea planted, Tracey and I set out for a weekend of girlie stuff. We decided we would hit Brown County. I had not been there in YEARS. The weather was great on Saturday, and it was a cute little town. Not really my idea of stuff to buy, but still fun.


Here we are, ready to go!!!! You can imagine in our heads, we're thinking..."really, no kids or husbands for a day?? Let's get out of here NOW" ;)

First things first...we had to get some good drinks.So, Tracey decided she would spend the time trying to find a new purse. Well, the majority of the purses in Brown County looked like this "gem"
This is where we stopped and ate lunch. Cute little place.
See, these are the kind of shoes that excite Tracey.....
....and these are the kind that excite me.

Insert more food and drink!!! YUM!!!!So, here's the purse that Tracey ended up with. SUPER CUTE.
So, for some reason I decided that I wanted to get a hat. I have NO idea where this notion came from, but you know how it is when you decide you want something, then you get all locked on that idea. So, we spent time trying to find me a hat, that I'll probably never wear. So, here it is.....
Me again, this time on the toilet. HA!!
Here we are leaving for home.....Thanks Tracey for such a great weekend!!!
Then I get home, and there's a great MIRACLE..... tee hee, love ya honey!!! Witness for yourself people....

Oh, and of course, greeted back by the cutest kids in the universe ;)
Ignore the boxes, just look at the cute boy!!THEN to top it all off, I met my sister for sushi!!! This is a new thing for me. I always thought sushi was disgusting. I.WAS.WRONG. Jo, and I have been trying for a long time to get together for this awesomeness, and we were so disappointed when it was all over!!! So yummy, and of course the company was great too!!!

It was a great, great weekend!!! Thanks Paul for taking care of our babies and letting me get all this fun time in. I love you!!!

**Disclaimer..Tracey was not looking at those crocs for herself, they were for Levi. She insisted I let everyone know that** hahaha.

7 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

Aw, what a great last hurrah for you & the bff!
Purse shopping!?! Be still my heart! :) Great choice, Tracey!
I'm glad you can pull off a hat, Ginmommy - sadly, I cannot!
& the hubby cleaning? That IS a miracle!

Tracey said...

Ahhh, good post!! You forgot to point out that we were wimps and were in bed by 9:30 watching the HSN!!! :) JEGGINGS!!! :) :) :)
Such a fun weekend and it will keep me all warm and fuzzy until the next one! ;)

Jill said...

So fun! You are looking absolutely adorable with the hat, missie! : )

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

LOVE THE HAT! I am all about hats! Don't have to do anything to the hair! I wish I could wear them everyday to work!

Jami said...

Love it that you got some girlie time. Bed by 9:30, really? Honestly that is my kind of night.

April said...

I am glad you girls got to have a special trip together. Good memories!

Arthur Family said...

You two are so sweet! Glad is fun and memorabl for you.