Sunday, September 19, 2010

What's a great party look like??

So, the impending move is coming closer and closer. Just under 2 weeks. Last night there was a party held for us. I gotta tell you, it was weird to have this kind of party. I mean, we're only going 2 hours away, but yet all these people love us so much, that they wanted to do this. Really made me feel warm and fuzzy....



So, let's not get too mushy.....this is the banner they had made for us.....

I mean, how funny is this??
Tracey was a smart girl, and set up makeup remover, and tissues.
Pretty cake Tracey had made. Lots of yummy food, and pretty flowers.
Of course....lots....

Of.....Gabbing.....
Even corn hole.
More gabbing.

Close-ups of Tracey of course.THEN, Matt Murphy opens up the night for story telling. OH MY WORD. We were in stitches. Seriously, my face hurt from laughing so much and so hard.
Josh had us rolling.

More of Matt in action.....I did surprisingly well. Eric, Katie and JR made me cry, but other than that, I spent most of the night laughing. It was a great night, and we left feeling sooooo loved.
Oh, and and a word about this one. Tracey, put this thing together. She was what made it a great party for us. As soon as she came to terms with us moving, she said "I'm throwing a party" Brace yourselves I'm about to get super disgusting. I prayed for many years for a special friend. My life was upside down for many years, and then here comes fabulous Tracey. Great hair, cute shoes, I mean what more could a gal want?? I think what speaks so much to her character, is how much she doesn't want us to leave, but how supportive she is. So, thanks Tracey for throwing us a great par-tay. I'll never forget it.

7 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

great friends mean so much! i wouldn't trade my best friend for the entire world and i have no idea what i would do without her!!! what a fun party!

Jami said...

Looks like fun, so sorry we missed it. Seriously though, who isn't jealous of Tracey's hair?

Susie said...

That is so nice to have great friends who love you that much to through you a party!!

Jaime Mac said...

AWWWWW! What a nice par-tay! LOVE the banner AND the kleenex & make up remover! Good job bff, keeping it 'light hearted'!
Great friends are hard to find! I'm glad you two have each other! Tear....

Tracey said...

Ok, LOL Jami - you are a nut! My hair seems to be the topic a lot...even tho I think of it as super unmanagable and as thick as a wolf's hair! Thanks, tho!! :)

G - what a great post! The party was fun and it seemed like such a great mixture of food and fellowship!!! I was happy to organize it. I AM super happy for you and Paul and while it is hard to think about you leaving...well, lets just leave it at that. It's hard. :( I will miss you but see lots of great stuff in the future!!! LOVE YOU.

Jill said...

Aww, this is a great post. And Tracey, your hair IS amazing! Just gorgeous. :)

Amanda E said...

Looks like a great party! If you all need extra boxes....we have a ton in our attic from our move just 6 months ago. It'll be tough, but God will see you through with flying colors. Let me know if you need them and I can run them by.