Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Kindergarten sure has changed!!

Sadly, tomorrow is Pierce's last day of kindergarten at CAI. He has taken so well to school, and he especially loves his teacher, Mrs. Beckley (who by the way taught me in the 3rd grade!) I met with his teacher on Tuesday to discuss how he's doing and where his strengths and weaknesses are.

First of all, we did find out he is color blind. Poor thing, when you ask him about certain colors they are just grey. I thought for a while he was, but now I know it's for sure.

Second, is it just me, or has kindergarten changed or what?? While meeting we were discussing things like *Visual motor control *Visual recall *Body image *Long-term auditory sequencing *Articulation *Directionality *Intermodal Diction. I mean, really??? Mrs. Beckley also showed me the book that the kids will be reading by the end of the year, and all I can say is WOW!!!

We do need to look into some speech therapy for our guy, and work on some other things. She did go on about how advanced his visual-motor control is and what a polite well behaved child he is. Of course that warmed my heart. She said she's very sad to see him go, but understands God has a bigger plan for us. On his last day he gets to have "doughnuts with dads" and Mrs. Beckley has a special snack planned just because it's his last day. *tear*

On a side note, we're really getting down to business getting everything done. All I can say is, thank sweet Jesus for friends that are here to help. I don't know what I'd do without them. Friday we load up the truck and Saturday we leave for our new home. So, while I might reside in "big blue country" please know I will always bleed red!!!!

6 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

awww! i am so happy for you guys!! and YES kindergarten has changed a lot. i teach first. it's crazy what we teach them! good luck! i can't wait to hear how everything is going!

Jaime Mac said...

UHM, I don't even know what all those big words mean!!! (BTW-I don't think anyone CARED about making sure us kiddos could do/act/say all those things years ago!)
Good luck to the whole ginmommy fam during the big move! The weather will be great & I'm sure there won't be a dry eye in the house! Tear...

Terry, Leslie, Noah, Allie, Laynie & Gracie said...

Aww, good luck with the big move!! Keep us updated! I still love reading your blog!

Jill said...

What an exciting season. . .and I know hard, too. ;( It is insane what we're asking our little ones to do nowadays. What happened to coloring and play centers, right?! Praying God's blessings over you guys in the coming weeks. :)

Tracey said...

I'm with Jaime...don't even know what that stuff means!!! :)

Things have happened way to fast! I'm in a fog and a blur. When did the babies grow up and why are you moving??? ;( Srsly...this is going to be a fun adventure!! I heart u.

Arthur Family said...

Keep updating us! This is going ot be an incredible journey for you all! Look how it's grown you already!