Tuesday, October 19, 2010

It only took 2 weeks and I was back.

That's right, I made it 2 weeks, and we hit the road back to good ol' Southern Indiana. Paul had plans for months to go backpacking with some of his buddies this past weekend, these plans were set up well before we knew we would move. Once I realized he would be leaving for a few days, I knew I wouldn't stay here a weekend just me and the kids, when we don't know anyone. PLUS, a certain wonderful little boy is turning 6 very soon, so I knew we could celebrate with my family while we were down there. So, me and the kids loaded up on Friday, and headed back to the land that flows with milk and honey....


Friday night I got to go have sushi with my sis, since a certain BFF watched my kids for me, thanks Tracey ;) Then Saturday we had a playdate at Bob Hedge park.....
Sorry Jami, this is the best pic I got of Cooper!!
Jami and Cameron. Cute.
Tracey and Maggie May. Also cute.
So, it's kinda weird to go stay with your parents. Not a bad weird. Just a, "hey, I'm 35, I haven't been under this roof for quite a while now" haha. Kids were super pumped to take a bath in their giant tub. Pierce said "let's stay here for 2 weeks"


Then on Sunday, we celebrated little man's 6th birthday. He's not 6 yet, so I'll save my sap, gag, induced post for later ;)He's a joy to me.

So, here I am, trying to pose with my kids, while "Tyra Banks" would rather strike a pose. Seriously, she's too much. ;)
Hope with her Neena.Pierce and Pappaw.

Soooo ready to dive in!!!He loves to draw and color. He's actually pretty good. I'm not just saying that cause I'm biased....okay, maybe I am....

Camo rules in this house.
His toy taste has really started to change. Trans Formers, Star Wars...no more little kids stuff for my big guy!!!

REALLY???? They say "time flies when you're having fun" I say "time flies when you have kids"

I heart him, a whole, whole bunch!!!! ;-)
Now, we are back home and Monday was a SUPER big day here. I'll post about it later. It was good to go for a visit, and I can't wait to go back!!!!! Love you all!!!!

6 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

#1- Be glad - be very, very glad you updated. I was checking your blog to see when I gave you your death threat. You will live to see another day.
#2-going back home to stay? UHM, yea-you get a gold star. I couldn't imagine staying/living with my parents again. Never ever.
#3-Hope striking a pose! LOVE.IT! But I think she gets it honest!
#4-I HATE THE TEASERS! I'm impatient, HELLO? Please tell us what happened. NOW! I'm dying here!

Jill said...

Gretchen, he is so handsome. Definitely going to have your hands full in a few years. . .with Hope, too, it sounds like! :)

Susie said...

Sounds like you all had a wonderful visit!! Love all the cute pictures, adorable kids.

April said...

Time does fly when you have kids! Great pictures, Gretchen.

Jami said...

Awwww... glad we got to see each other. I'm totally stealing the pic of me and Cameron, I have yet to get one. Don't worry about the Cooper picture, he never takes good ones for me either. Can't wait to hear all about Monday :)

Tracey said...

Fun, fun, fun pics!! I'm ready for you to come home again. I miss you. :(