Monday, October 4, 2010

They do have teeth in Kentucky!!!

I'm back up and running!! Since Thursday things have been a blur. First let me tell you about how I thought we were getting punked. Paul left on Thursday with some of his buddies to go pick up our U-Haul. The plan was to go get a bunch of our stuff in storage on Thursday, load up the truck on Friday, and then leave for Bowling Green on Saturday. Sounds like a good plan to me!! Well, when Paul gets back to the apartment on Thursday, he came without a U-Haul. Not good. Long story short, the company made a mistake on when we were to pick up the truck. GULP. Paul called around to several other companies, not a one had a truck. CRAP!! There for about 6-8 hours, we weren't going to be able to move as planned. I was *somewhat* excited about the idea of staying another week, but also knew I needed to get this done. Kind of like ripping of a band-aid, just do it!!! Well Friday morning, Paul called several places, and they all had nothing. But lo and behold, the last place he called, EUREKA. The move was back on....




So, here is it, the truck that saved us.

The kids were stoked about moving. Don't you wish you could wear a Tinkerbell costume and a camo hat?? Some of our friends came over on Friday to help us load up the truck. We had, Dan, Jill, Tom, Eric and Tracey. Boy, was Tracey ever a help.....texting.....
....asking me to get a re-fill on her drink......
Here's sweet Jill. She brought us food for everyone to eat.
Moving makes one fat. Here's the first of probably 5 pizzas over the next few days.
Oh, and I worked soooo hard, I broke my favorite pair of flip-flops!!!
Now, we are at Saturday. D-day!!! Kids were soooo excited.

Hope's exact words "I love moving" Geesh, I would too, if I was 3!!!
Who else do you have drive the mammoth truck, other than Mr. Transportation Man himself!!!Oh look, she actually does work!!!!! Teasing Tracey!!!
I kind of look like death, but still take time to pose with my girlies....
Look at waldo in the back there!!! Shout out to my sister, who on her day off, drove 4 hours roundtrip, just to help her baby sister move. Love ya, Jo-Jo!!!
Have you ever seen such dirty feet??????
Nathan was also a big trooper, and the kids loved having one of their favorite cousins here!!

First bath in our new place!!!Poor guy!!! Seriously, he wore himself out.
Okay, so I don't have many pics of the apartment to post right now. It's just way too messy right now. It's very nice. At least double the size of what we had (other than less cabinet space) updated, and lots of amenities here. I will post pics of the pad later. But here is our pool.
And gym!!! Time to work off the pizza.

Now, it's Sunday...we got up and went outside for a little play time. It was chilly!!!
So, I hope I don't offend any Kentucky peeps out there with my title ;) Not only do they have teeth here, they also have good places to eat!!It was time for some fun on Sunday. Play time outside, and yummy food.

Little cutie...Check her out, getting down on that salad!!
They have teeth, good food, and decent stores!!! We didn't hit Wal-Mart, it was Kroger for us!!!
My babes.
These two pics crack me up. They were so scared of the Halloween display. That is fear on his face.
And Hope made a mad dash!!!

Oh, and I'll finish with this!! Standing in front of a Christmas tree!!! It's coming fast people!!!I know it's only been two days, but so far it feels like I'm on vacation. You know like, we'll head home in a week or so. It's weird to turn on the news and not know any of the anchors, or not know the radio stations, of course I have no clue where I'm going. I have SO much to do, that loneliness hasn't set in. I figure that will come later. *sigh* And thanks again to all of you that helped us. You know who you are. I LOVE YOU!!!!

8 comments:

Tracey said...

Great post!!
#1 You just said "I want you here" on Friday. You didn't say anything about me working!!!! ;)
#2 You have a lot of stuff!!
#3 HI-Larious pic of my head behind you and Jo!!
#4 Your new pad is cool.
#5 I miss you.
#6 I'm worried you are going to get lost, so please keep the GPS handy.
#7 I'm tired of pizza.
#8 Can't wait to see you!!!!!! :) :)

Tracey said...

Oh, and #9...sexy transportation guy! ;)

Jill said...

Glad everything is going so great! You did a great job of capturing it all, girl! :)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

great pics!! i am glad you are getting settled in!! hang in there!! i can't wait see pics of the new place!

Susie said...

Glad to see you got moved in safely!!

Jami said...

Hi... I miss you!!!!!

Jaime Mac said...

OH, great post as always, Ginmommy! I never thought of it as like not being real or being on vacation, but when you said that-it made a lotta sense. I'm glad you got moved all safe & sound & had all your peeps there with you! Good luck getting everything squared away. I am giving you 1 week to show us the new pad. That's it... Then I start angry fb wall posts.... :)

Arthur Family said...

I'm so glad all went well! Love yor update!