Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pierce's first day of school, round two.

The week we moved down here all the schools were on fall break, for the entire week. The following week, Paul and I were finishing our school tours and finally made a decision. I wasn't sure how much I wanted to talk about this decision, or maybe I should say the *torture* I went through, making up my mind. So, this is what I'll say....this was the hardest thing for me about the move....of course, leaving my family and friends was incredibly hard, but I'm a big girl....knowing my little boy had to be uprooted from school was killing me. So, on Monday we sent him to a new school. A school where I don't know a single soul, but just had to trust that God has him in His hands. I must have cried a bucket of tears, but Pierce has done GREAT. He's taken right to it, and I'm so relieved. I even went and had lunch with him today, more about that later!!!


He picked out his outfit for the first day ;)
Ready to go!!!

Oh, and his class has a mascot..."Harvey the hippo" Since it was his first day, he got to bring him home. Here's some fun with Harvey :)Harvey went with us to Cheddars...
...and read with us at bedtime ;)
Kids sure can handle more than we give them credit for!!! It's us grown ups that need the mental help ;)

5 comments:

Susie said...

Glad Pierce enjoyed his first day!!

Jaime Mac said...

I'm glad Pierce is doing well. Everything's gonna be a-ok, mom... :)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

harvey! that's cute! glad he did well! hang in there, mom!

Jami said...

Awww... what a handsome boy. Love the missing tooth. Yes, he is going to do great and it is going to help him make friends and you too! Although don't forget about us back at home.

Tracey said...

Very cute! I'm glad you are at peace with your decision and I'm super glad he's done so well!!!