Tuesday, November 2, 2010

ROAR!!!!

So, here it finally is!!!! The end of our epic weekend. THE event's that we had been discussing for WEEKS, and I do mean, WEEKS!!!! On Saturday we loaded up and headed to big, bad Dinosaur World. (Kick your feet up, there's a lot pics, forgive me people, I know I'm obnoxious)


Here we are, waiting in the gift shop. See Pierce's wandering eyes, he couldn't focus. Ready to go!!!!

Finally time to check out some COOL creatures.Pierce knows his stuff!!! He was letting me know all about these guys.

Of course, we had to stop and read about all these fellas.
Seriously, think if one these suckers was walking around. Heck, I'm scared of big dogs, this would do me in.
Oh, and there were mammoth's too!!!Here's the big guy you can see from the expressway!!! Woot!!

Oh, and you see this bug guy here.....
...Pierce, unfortunately got a little too close. ;)They have neat fossil digs for the kids. I thought it was like a giant kitty litter box, but the kids loved it.
Maybe a future career??

I don't see this as a possible career for Hope, unless they are digging up lip gloss.
Check out Rico....doing what he does best.
Pappaw playing with his ONLY granddaughter!! ANOTHER fossil dig. This one though, you actually get to keep 3 real fossils!! Too cool!!
This here was Pierce's big purchase!! He had been saving his money for weeks, so he could buy something at Dinosaur World. It was a long, hard decision, but well worth it :) Dinosaur World was a lot of fun!!!
And the other thing Pierce requested was that we eat at that place where they "have fire and throw food"
He was excited....

....On the other hand, you see what Hope thought about it. Time for cake!!! He was cracking up at our horrific singing!!!


Then a few presents from mommy and daddy!!
WOW!!! It seems like we celebrated his birthday for DAYS. Maybe we were trying to over compensate for moving, or not having any friends for him here?? I don't know, but he was worth it.

I mentioned that my parents were here for the weekend, well on Sunday it was my mom's birthday. Pierce missed my moms birthday by 2 days. So, I cooked (yes, I actually did) for my parents and we had a celebration for her as well!!
Presents for my mom!!!

So, there it is. Our epic weekend!!!! I'm thankful that my parents were here to celebrate with us, and that our little man got to see his dinosaurs!! Oh, and I asked Pierce later, "you know mommy's birthday is next, what will you do for me" "Mom, I'm taking you to Wal-Mart" HA HA!!!

7 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

ha ha ha!! wal-mart! you better start saving your money!! we love dinosaur world!! so fun! happy birthday! :)

Susie said...

Looks like a neat place to visit. Glad to see that he really enjoyed his long birthday celebration!!

Jami said...

Are those your famous cupcake brownies I love so much?

Jaime Mac said...

OH, what a FUN post! Now that the epicness is over - will we get to see your new 'pad'?!

Tracey said...

Yea!!! What a great weekend! I'm glad your parents got to come in :) And, I'm glad Pierce finally got to go to the infamous DINO WORLD!!! Adorable pic of Hope crying b/c of the fire!! Glad Pierce had a great birthday!

Jill said...

I love how you narrate. Crack me up (totally in a good way!). This place looks awesome!!! GREAT pics you got, too! :)

melanie said...

great blog. loved all the pics. no never too many.