Monday, October 27, 2014

Days of celebrating

You know what's exhausting? 

Turning ten.



Turning ten is also shocking.


And turning ten, involves days and days of celebrating.



It's basically, LET'S CRAM IN AS MUCH AS WE CAN.




Gifts began to arrive earlier in the week, (thanks Meemaw and Grandpa!) and Pierce began sporting his "birthday outfit" earlier in the week as well. (Excuse the horrid flash photography.)



Mommy booked her way on out to eat brief, but fun, lunch with her birthday boy and his best friend on the actual birthday.



Ten year old conversations are interesting.



We got lucky and Hope got to join us for about ten minutes. She in turn graced me with a food in her mouth photo.



And the pinnacle of all this celebrating ended with a joint party for Pierce and his Neena.



2014 sees a lot of major milestones birthday's in our family: Camden, 1. Pierce, 10.
Nathan, 16.  Cody, 20.  Gretchen, 40.  Dad, 70.  Mom, 70.

Even though I'm pretty sure my parents are just turning 40, and I'm turning 20.... right?




Anyways, the party.



 Pierce decided it was going to be another Patriots party, I mean why mess with perfection?  As you can see, someone was getting tired of brother having all the attention, so a photo bomb was in order.


 Check out the homemade pie! HOMEMADE CRUST! I stood by while mom did almost all of it helped a lot!


It was a sweet day and Pierce was just tickled with all of it.



I really can't believe my parents are 70, and no smoke blowing here, no WAY do they look it!


And my boy is 10.


Let me try and finish this post without getting all mushy...



Can I do it?



I CANNOT.



Happy Birthday you guys, I LOVE YOU TO PIECES.


2 comments:

Tracey said...

Love it! Glad he had a great birthday!

Susie said...

Glad he had a great birthday! Happy Birthday to your mom too!