Thursday, April 16, 2015

Eight!

Hope Elizabeth,

You are now officially EIGHT! Well, at 2:12 this afternoon to be exact.



Baby girl, you have changed so much this last year.


Probably the most obvious change to me is your physical appearance. You've really "shot up" as I say, and you've lost that baby look.



But besides your looks changing a lot, you've emotionally changed.


You went to your first friend sleepover this year and when I walked in to pick you up, you burst into tears because I was there. I think you would have stayed for days if I would have let you!



I remember when we could never be apart, but now you want your independence. With a little mommy on the side.


Your opinion on clothing slays me. 


Sometimes we have words about all that, because you are sure I don't know what looks best. 



I'm learning to let some things go, I guess we will keep figuring it out together.



You are still my avid reader. Many times I won't see you and once I go looking for you I will find you hiding out with a book. Then you will tell me all about how Junie B Jones got herself into trouble again!


You are still my sidekick. Even if I'm just running to Kroger to grab some groceries, you always ask to tag along.



I think it's pretty sweet how you will play almost any game your brother asks, just so you can play with him. X-box, basketball, whatever it may be, you give it a go. Yes, you usually end up in a fight, but I know you really just want to be his buddy.



And that's the thing about you, you just want friendships. You are a relational person and I think that's such a great quality.




But that's just it, your daddy and I think you are full of so many great qualities. You are our Hopie-poo, our daughter, our joy.





I'm grateful for another year with you, and I can't wait to see how year EIGHT unfolds.

Love you,

Momma




"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

4 comments:

Tracey said...

Love. Happy birthday, Hopie!

Susie said...

Great Post!! Happy Birthday Hope!! My granddaughter loves the Junie B Jones books to read too!!

Jessica said...

She is beautiful! Happy Birthday Hope:)

Lynne and Nick said...

Happy Birthday, Hope! Such beautiful pics - and such a beautiful post.