Monday, April 27, 2015

A week of carrying on

In unrelated news to anything, I am continuing to transform into an elderly woman. Last week I started feeling really wonky, and just awful. I assumed of course, it was a disease. Tracey also came down with shingles around the same time, so we mutually began to plan a joint funeral. 

We both may have been overreacting

Did you know that part of having a bad thyroid is a bad memory? Uh yeah. Turns out I just THOUGHT I had taken my meds, but in fact was forgetting. So all those wonky symptoms all were because I wasn't taking my medication. 

So now one of these beauties sits next to my side of the bed. 


I think Jimmy Fallon describes them best.


And when I'm wonky, I certainly don't feel like blogging. So here I am, still blogging about Hope's birthday. I might be behind, but I want her to have all these things written down so one day she can read about it, so here goes....



When the kids wake up on their birthdays, I always give them a donut with a candle.


I looked for a cute little single candle but all I could find was a tealight.


Kinda goofy I guess, but it put out really good light!



I also always go have lunch with them at school on their special day.



I really miss doing this on the regular.


And no birthday is complete without a crown


OR a Skype call from Meemaw and Grandpa.



They always sing and we have a nice chat.


Hope loved showing them the outfits they gave her for American Girl dolls.

SUCH cute outfits!


And to end the celebrating, we had a special day with Hope's best friend Emerson.



Okay, that was almost the end of the celebrating, and definitely where Hope wished the celebrating stopped. A group of us went out for Mexican last Sunday after church, and we decided it was time to initiate Hope into the Mexican birthday spectacle!

I don't think she even knew they did such a thing, so when they plopped a hat on her head and sang really loudly? SHE WAS MORTIFIED. Then the whipped stuff on the face and up the nose? Well she told me she didn't want to talk to me the rest of the day. Ha!




We always have such a fun week carrying on! So here's to news ways I can think of traumatizing her at NINE!

2 comments:

Tracey said...

So much fun celebrating the kids birthdays!! :-)

And we would totally rock a joint funeral.

Unknown said...

UKBESTDEAL - Online shopping for UK customers , toys for boys and girls, home appliances , cameras, mobile phones, televisions, nappies and baby wipes and much more. Free delivery on eligible

products.

More Information Click Here Visit for Online Product :- :- UKbestdeal-Toys-for-boys-and-girls




Sakshmart - Online digital camera, online sale for mobile, Bluetooth smart watch, USB rugged nylon cable and baker premium set for
USA customers.

Visit for Online Product :- Online Digital Camera in usa
For support please email :- sale@sakshmart.com