Thursday, April 29, 2010

Oh my word!!!

All this fuss over thank you notes??????

So, Miss Jaime Mac mentioned something in one of her posts about not getting a thank you note, and well somehow this snowballed into a "thank you ,or not to thank you blog off" Here we all are, letting our personal opinions be known on the mere subjects of thank you notes.

So here mine goes....

I do write thank yous. I wrote them for my bridal showers, baby showers, wedding, you know the usual stuff. I try and write them for when someone does something special and unexpected, but here's the imperative word, TRY.

There are times when I don't write them. However, I always tell a person "thank you" in some sort of fashion. If that person does not feel that they are appreciated enough with that, then I think that said person has issues. I have known people to hold grudges over not receiving a "thank you note" and also never to give to that person again!! When we give to another, it should be from our heart, and not to see what we will receive in return.

So, mine philosophy is pretty simple. Yes, I try and write them, I think more than anything just to make sure the other person knows that they are appreciated, but I don't sweat it if others don't. I will teach my children to always be appreciate and that being thankful is a heart issue. I think we truly know who the thankful people in this world are, and not because they write thank you notes, but because they live out a thankful life.



4 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

well put! i couldn't agree more!!

Jami said...

So simple, yet so true!

Like I said, what in the heck are you to say to a third cousin you never see?

btw- I think you are awesome with thank you notes.

Jaime Mac said...

Very well said, ginmommy. How fun was this?

Tracey said...

Very nice! I agree with you. :) This was a fun task...even if it gave me brainfreeze!!! ;)