Sunday, July 15, 2012

A sweet sight to a momma's eyes

The other night after putting the kids to bed, I saw a strange glow coming from Pierce's room. I wondered if he was secretly playing with his toys, and I went in ready to set him straight. 

Instead I found what looked like a little person spelunking in a cave. 


 Upon further investigation


I realized it was neither spelunking, nor toy playing. No. He was READING.


My boy. The boy I have always caught playing with his guns or swords.

 The one who keeps his weapons on hand at all times. The same one I have to force to read, just so he can get to his video games.


Yes, him. Reading on his own, and for pleasure.

 And he's been doing it several nights in a row now. When he climbs into bed, he grins from ear to ear and picks up a book to read until he gets sleepy. Let me tell you, this is a sweet sight to a momma's eyes.

7 comments:

Tracey said...

I love this SO much!!! <3

Brittany said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susie said...

That's great!!

Jami said...

That is just so precious!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

That is so awesome!! LOVE!! :) :)

Jaime Mac said...

I love the pic of him doing dishes or whatever with the gun in the holster! Fun stuff!

the lewis gang said...

i bet it melts your heart!! and a sweet sight for his teacher too!! :)