Friday, August 23, 2013

I guess aging means skin cancer tests and whatnot.


It was around three weeks ago when I awoke one morning with this THING on my face. And I say *thing* because I'm a general expert at face things. I know my zits well, and this was no zit. 

I was utterly perplexed at what it was, so I did what all rational people do....

Took pics, texted it to friends and family, and waited for their reactions. Then of course googled it which is always a bad idea, but in the end I just decided it was some sort of bite. 

But days turned into weeks, and it never went away. It got better, but there was still just this strange little thing on my cheek.....Do you see that faint red spot with a circle around it? Weird, right? (And who needs to work on her eye makeup? Goodness. Estee to the rescue STAT) 



You know that getting into a dermatologist is like the worst right?  Well thankfully I'm vain and already had a standing appointment.

Mr. face doctor can clear up the mystery of the face...

"Mrs Bush, let me take a look at this place on your face here"

LOTS OF PULLING AND LOTS OF SILENCE

"Well, sometimes skin cancer can come up like this. An unexplained place on the face that just doesn't go away. We probably should biopsy it."

*blink blink*

"I'm sure it's not, but we need to test it to be sure."

And just like that a needle was stuck in my face and skin was being cut out.

There may have been a brief second where a tear welled up in my eye, because you know I'm tough like that, but overall I held it together.

But the best part is I get to walk around with this little band-aid on my face looking like my Grandad until I heal.



When he put the thingy in the jar he did comment that it looked more like a cyst, which I guess is good? OH LORD.



So is this all age related? Is this paying for my sins of belly shirts and tanning beds in the 90's? I haven't decided yet.

But I'll keep you posted.

11 comments:

Hillary said...

Oh sheesh girl (I really really wanted to say something else other than sheesh if you know what I mean but I know you run a family blog and all...). I really hope that it's nothing and the doctor guy that looks in his fancy microscope says something like "why am I looking at dry skin??" and laughs a lot.

Keep us posted and happy Friday!

xoxox

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

I see my derm four times a year. She cuts or freezes something on my body every single visit. So I totally get it! Thinking of you.

Jaime Mac said...

Yuck for things on your face! Funny post even tho it's a serious subject! Hope it is 'just' a cyst... it didn't look ominous to me...but I was absent the day they handed out md's.... :) Love ya!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Stinks it's on your face. Thanks for the post. We will pray for you!

Susie said...

Unfortunately things does appear when we get older! I have had the same problem with everything checking out ok!

Brittany said...

Vain????
Girl, going to the dermatologist is not vain, its smart. Don't sell yourself short. I have a yearly appointment and don't consider it vain at all.

Praying for nothing more than a cyst.

Jami said...

You and all these comments have made he want to visit a dermatologist once a year now. I'll have get on that.
Praying for you.

Lynne and Nick said...

Since I had malignant melanoma several years ago, I visit my dermatologist regularly...so I get it as well! Hang in there!

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

Yes - everyone has to pay for belly shirts :-)

praying all is well!

The Utley Crew said...

Hopefully, you will be getting good news and updating us soon!!! :) That stuff is always so scary. You look great rocking a face bandaid, though! ;)

Jessica said...

I am really sorry to hear that. I hope that it all turns out okay.