Friday, January 21, 2011

A family that wears camo together, stays together...

....OR just looks ridiculous.


WHAT has this man done to me people?? I'm wearing a camo hat. Please don't call the fashion police, I would get a life sentence.
Okay, it's not Rico's fault. It was all in the name of family unity, and to protect our heads from bats!!!!
We decided to take the kids to Mammoth Cave last Saturday (thanks to Jill Ausmus for the tip, that tours were FREE!!!!) The kids were determined bats might fly down and get us, so we all wore hats ;)

You know I never had been to Mammoth Cave!!! How shall I say this without sounding like an idiot......it's really mammoth!!! I was quite fascinated, and so were the kids!! Paul was a little bored with the cave itself, but he loved that we were all enamored.

I didn't get too many shots inside the cave, because my camera doesn't work well when it's that dark. Oh and let me tell you, the "free" cave thing must have gotten around. We arrived at 10:30 for the first tour, and didn't get to go until 1:30. It was worth the wait though. Taking a little break, and secretly hoping that a bat would come swoop down by her. That's all she talked about, were bats!!!

And Pierce was determined he kept seeing "animal tracks" He saw, bears, raccoons, and monkey tracks ;) The kids had the best time!! Pierce kept saying "this was the best family day ever" For that, I would wear camo every day!!!
And miss thang, spent a lot of time like this, and complained because "she was soooo tired, from walking" ha!! I asked Rico if I could get on his shoulders for a while, he didn't oblige.
It was a great family day!!!

Sadly, I was supposed to be going home this weekend for my nephews birthday, but the snow messed all that up. Paul's got plans most of the weekend, so it'll just be and the kids fending for ourselves. Looking forward to see what we can get into :-)

8 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

'the best family weekend'! i love that!! we tried to visit when we were down there camping at jellystone over 4th of july weekend and they were booked. i'd love to make it back down there sometime. looks like such a cool place!

Susie said...

Man I haven't been there for so long. Looks like a fun time was had by all!!

Jaime Mac said...

UHM, I was SO worried that Rico had convinced you to HUNT or something bc you are bored in BG. I'm glad I was wrong & it was only for your 'bat' protection!

Jill said...

Dave and I went to Mammouth a few years ago. It's neat. Every time I used to take my students on a fieldtrip to the caves, all they ever worried about was bats. Cracked me up! I love that it was free and such a great family day for you guys! :)

Jill A said...

Glad you all had a great time! Looks like a great trip for a family. Love the pictures!

Jami said...

Camo? Seriously? COuld you not have worn the hat you bought in Brown County? Am I going to have to call Stacy and Clinton?

Terry, Leslie, Noah, Allie, Laynie & Gracie said...

What fun!

Tracey said...

Glad you had fun, but camo?? Srsly? I agree with Jami. Where's the cute black hat??