Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Days (and counting summer days goodbye)

So, let me tell you about us here in Keeeen-tucky. Tomorrow we will be having snow day #7!!!!! I love a good snow day, but I do think there's one thing that should accompany a snow day, and that would be SNOW. Round these parts tho, snow just has to be predicted and they cancel school. School was cancelled Friday and Monday, and not a lick of snow. Now we actually have some snow, so it will probably be cancelled the rest of the week. We haven't had enough snow to go out and play in it, so mommy has been trying hard to think of things to do to keep us from going a little bonkers.




Of course lots of games. No joke, this one beats me at memory.
Oh and this one talks the trash with me....
And I even get beat by him too!!!
Lots of UNO!!!
I've even let bike riding go on in the house. Trust me, you start losing your senses after so many days cooped up ;)
Oh, and animal bingo!!!
All smiles and laughter, little do they know these days home are ticking away summer time....
And you know you reaching when you throw your kids in the tub for entertainment.
Pray for me friends that I don't start slipping vodka in my diet coke these next few days. ( I kid, I kid) ;-)

7 comments:

Jami said...

I love the last pic! Girl, try having snow on the groud with an infant. Oh dear, I am about to lose my mind!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I am happy to have a snow day here and there but they can go too far!

Susie said...

Glad to see they enjoyed their day. I know what you mean snow days drives me crazy when I can't get out.

Jill said...

Looks like you are making the best of it. My sis-in-law goes crazy with her 3 after a few snow days, too. It IS enough to drive a momma crazy. . .or to drink. ;)

Tracey said...

I'm telling you...Jello shots! ;)
Cute pics. I miss those kids. And.their.Momma.

Arthur Family said...

Just think of it as quality time with both of your kiddos that you will miss one day!

Jaime Mac said...

Wow those Keeeentucky people are WUSSES! I can't imagine just calling off school because it *might* snow. Madness!
Also-I don't think anyone (ok-I wouldn't...)judge if you had to take a nip or two just to make it through the day. Completely understandable! ;)
You need to check into the new Uno games! Uno spin, Uno flash, Uno attack - SUPER fun!