Monday, January 24, 2011

A really unexpected weekend.

The last time I blogged, I said I wasn't sure what our weekend would hold. Originally there was plans to come home and go to a game and out with some friends, and see family etc.... The snow that we all got cancelled the Friday night game and I just decided to postpone my trip another weekend. The sad thing was that my sister was having a birthday party for Nathan (her youngest) and I was going to miss that, but I really didn't think we could swing me going two weekends back to back. Fast forward to Saturday, Paul and I were talking and he told me "just go on and go" WHA?? See, I don't 'fly by the seat of my pants' very well. I get all jittery and hivey, and act like a crazy lady. But by golly, I decided, 'what the hay' let's do it!!!! Paul had plans to go to Nashville Saturday night, so I would be flying solo with the kiddies. After some serious pit sweating and hauling booty we made to Indiana about 3:30. Sweet. Also my nephew, Cody would be playing a game Saturday night and this gave me a chance to go root my nephew on!!




First stop we made was Cracker Barrel. Yummy!!!
Then it was on to root on the Borden Braves take down the Henryville. Kids were mostly happy, as long we provided the salt/sugar combo all night.
Pierce even managed to cheer on for a while.
Now I didn't get any shots of the game. For one, my camera doesn't work too well from any distance, and second I was too busy having mini strokes. You see this game was a NAIL BITER. Oh.my.word. Borden won by 1 point, and this was a last minute, "Hoosiers" movie kinda moment. We were all jumping up and down, screaming, hugging strangers, actin' straight a fool, I'm serious, I believe I aged a few years. Sooooo exciting. Oh, and that #34 coming in there, is my nephew Cody, who by the way scored 18 points!!! HOLLA!!!
Jo asked if we would like to spend the night with her this time. Kids LOVED that. Woke up Sunday morning and played x-box most of the morning with Nathan!! What fun!!
Insert a b-day party for sweet Nathan, who is now 12 years old.
I remember the day Jo gave birth, I was working at Cracker Barrel, and brought her a piece of chocolate cake. Funny the stuff you remember!! Nathan's always been a sweet, laid back loving kid. Now he's almost a teen!!! *tear*
So, par-tay was over, and I have loaded up the van and we're ready to head back to Bowling Green. I go to turn over the key and 'click, click, click' It was dead as a dead can be. My dad comes out to look at it and says "I'm sure it's the battery" Okay, not bad, right? He jumps it, I go to follow him to Sears, and my van would go no more than 5 mph, and was smelling hot, and it died again. My dad wasn't sure what the deal was, so we had it towed. So, I was not getting home. Pierce would miss school, and I was stuck wondering what in the world is wrong with my vehicle, and how much is this gonna cost!!!

Fast forward to Monday, van was seen and turns out it was just the battery!! Shew!!! Thank goodness, I was at my parents when this happened and not on the expressway in between Indiana and Bowling Green. Thanks goodness it was just the battery and thank goodness for my dad helping his daughter out!!! (again) ;)


A bonus to unexpectedly staying another day?? Getting a chance to see your BFF. Thanks Tracey for meeting me and the kids at Chick Fil A today ;) Here's to next weekend going a little more smoothly!!!

5 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

geesh! I was on the edge of my seat reading this! praying next weekend goes smoother!

Susie said...

Glad you got to spend some quality time with the family and friend. Glad it was only a battery for your car. It is always scary traveling with little ones.It's amazing that God watches over us and let your car die where it did.

Tracey said...

I'm glad I got to see you!!!! Even if I had to pray that your van would break down... ;)

Jaime Mac said...

Wow. What a weekend! Sheesh - I bet your glad to be back 'home'!

Jill said...

Golly, girl! You know how to find adventure. ;) Glad to hear how God worked all the details out. I love me a good basketball game, too!