Thursday, April 7, 2011

Professional bowling will NEVER be in my future.

What shall we do for spring break number 4 kiddos???

LETS BOWL!!!!


Actually Paul and I planned for a while to take them bowling, we have never taken them, and Pierce has been asking for a long time to go. THEY WERE SO EXCITED!!!
First of all, why does there always have to be a show off in the group?? The one who gets the ball down the lane in a nano second, and always gets a strike or a spare?? And why can't it ever be me??? ;) Rico, was the man. Whatevs.
Pierce had a hard time figuring it out at first, but started to really get the hang of it. It was hilarious to watch him go full steam ahead with that ball.
And Hope was hilarious. Her ball would take about 10 minutes to get down the lane, but it was almost always decent!!! Hope would roll her ball down the lane, and in the meantime I would go to the bathroom, file my nails, make a couple phone calls, and look up and she'd have a strike, HA!!

So excited!!! And here I am. WORLDS WORST BOWLER.
I look decent, don't I? Don't be fooled. I am playing bumper bowling for children, and I tied with Hope. That's right, a 36 year old grown woman, playing bumper bowling tied with a 3 year old. I hang my head in shame...
While she basked in the glory.
Overall, it was a really fun time. Paul took the rest of the day off and we came home and hung out, played games, and just enjoyed being together.


Hope decided to get her pillow pet and lay down on the floor while we played some x-box. Within minutes she was out cold. She hasn't napped in such a long time, she takes cat naps when we are in the car, but never at home. It was so sweet to see her sleep right in the midst of everything. I love my babies, and it's been nice having them home this week.

7 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I am so glad you had a good day!! :) Love me some bowling!!

Jill said...

Great pics and I love your story-tellin'. It makes me LOL! ☺ I am right there with ya on the bowling skills! ; )

Susie said...

They looked like they really had fun!! A score for mom and dad!! I know what you mean about bowling my scores isn't very good either.

Tracey said...

Love the pics, love Hope's dress, love you tying with a 3 year old and love Hopie taking a nap!!! Great post. What shall you guys do tomorrow? Dino world??

Jami said...

What a fun day. Hope looks so stylin. I can't bowl either. I get to show my skills in a couple of weeks when we take Cooper while Steve is on vacation.

Jaime Mac said...

I too suck at bowling. I sooo wish I could bowl with bumpers...sigh...
Funny post!

pambush said...

I've really enjoyed your blogs this week. It's like we're sharing the spring break with you. Plus, I've been able to download some photos. Yah!! Thanks. Pam