Saturday, July 30, 2011

I declare it, "the year of the visitor!!!"

According to the Chinese zodiac, 2011 is "the year of the rabbit" (not that I would normally know this, I just goggled it in attempts to be clever) However, I say those Chinese folk don't really know. I say it's "the year of the visitor!!!"

Since moving 8 months ago, we have been blessed with lots of visitors. Let's see....

My parents.

Tracey.

Tracey, Levi, Maggie, Jami, Cooper and Cameron.

Jo.

Pam and Tom.

Rhonda, Sarah, and Abigail.

Matt and Bucky.




And Thursday brought another visit :-)
Tracey texted me on Tuesday and said "you have plans Thursday and Friday?" And with that a plan was born. With the 'back to school countdown' in full swing, it's nice to soak up these last few days of freedom with friends :-)

Of course we took the kids to the pool!! The big kids were loving every minute of it!!
While Maggers was busy chillin' poolside ;)
I love this picture :-)
Tracey also had the grand idea to take the kids to Chuck E Cheese. ;) My kids love it there, especially Pierce!
Chuck E makes Levi a little nervous, but he still managed to have fun ;)
I was watching Hope play this little virtual game and I just kept taking pictures of her. Sometimes, I just can't stop thinking how cute she is. I understand this is obnoxious, but I can't help myself.
I heart them.
This cracks me up as well. Pierce had to climb up in order to play more effectively. Nothing stops a boy and a video game.
Oh, and our visitors even stayed the night!! Woo hoo!! Well, sort of woo hoo......woo hoo in theory, except that Maggie decided to not sleep. Between being full of snot, and in a strange place, and Tracey not willing to let her scream and wake us all up, they had a looooong night.

Moms must forge on though, right? And we loaded them up and took them to the park the next morning.

Oh and did I mention that the boys got up for the day at 6 am?? ;)
Kids had a blast anyways!!

And though we may have hidden our sleep deprived eyes behind our glasses, we were still loving being together. I always appreciate when anyone makes the effort to come see me, because I know that it is indeed an effort. Rock on, "year of the visitor!!!"

6 comments:

Arthur Family said...

I love Hope's jewelry in the pics of her! Fun times with friends!

Susie said...

It is so nice when you move away from everyone, that you still get to see them on occasions.You have great friends and family.

danraymac said...

that is great that she could just come and visit!!!! glad you guys had fun even though you didn't get much sleep!!

alicia

Jaime Mac said...

Looks like a fun visit! (& the boys up @ 6am... won't you have to blow them outta bed when school starts?! lol)

Jami said...

Glad you guys had a good time. That slide looks mighty tall.

Tracey said...

Yay for "us" time!!! It was fun and you were hilarious "checking" on me when Mags wasn't sleeping. "Did you give her some medicine?" Lol!! I heart you.