Sunday, July 31, 2011

If someone could please explain to me where the summer went, I would sure appreciate it.

When I was a kid, summer felt like an eternity. It was this whole thing. A thing that just seemed like summer nights would never end, and late bedtimes, and ice cream runs, and staying with your grandparents for days on end, and I could go on and on. Why was that? Why was time so long back then? Is it because we were carefree and our time is just spent on ourselves? Now we are the grown ups, we are the ones with the responsibilities and jobs, and raising the kids, and holy cow, why did we ever want to grow up in the first place? :)

I seriously cannot believe that Pierce starts 1st grade in a little over a week. Blah.

So, we are in back to school mode. I totally try to keep things exciting for Pierce, and he does seem excited and maybe even a little nervous. I hope and pray he has a great year. I'm just still wondering, where did the summer go??



We went and loaded up this weekend on all his school supplies! Yipee!! School supplies actually do excite me. :)

Silly boy!!1st grade? Now I'm wondering not just where summer went, but where did my baby go? *tear*
I was walking around Wal-Mart the other night, alone. Enjoying my kid free time for a little while, and then my thoughts went to my kids, of course! Thinking of them growing up, and then lo and behold, I'm crying in the aisles of Wal-Mart. I'm telling you what, being a mom, makes a woman plum crazy.

And to top off all my emotional mess and sadness over Pierce starting 1st grade?? Look at his shoe size now. Ridiculous I tell you!!!
Big feet. Big boy. Big fat sad mommy.

6 comments:

Jami said...

School supplies excite me too :). You have had a lot of visitors and traveled up north a few times so I'm sure it did go by fast.

Susie said...

I know what you mean. I don't think the kids get as long as a summer as we used to. Maybe that is why it goes so fast.

Jaime Mac said...

I'm just glad that soon SOME people are going to have to get up at an un-holy hour like I have to do every Monday thru Friday spring, summer, winter & fall! :). Sigh...being a grown up does suck...

the lewis gang said...

love me some fresh school supplies!!
i totally agree with you on the whole summer thing. it was this never ending, event that i adored! not so much as a grown up. :(
btw...jackson is already in a size 12 shoe and he is only 4! i don't even want to think about how big his feet will be in first grade!

Jill said...

I heart school supplies. And the smell of sharpened pencils. So crazy, I know. Summer has been fast this year. Too fast. Pierce is so handsome!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I love new school supplies!! I am so excited to go out and buy Sam everything on his little list!! It's the one thing I am excited about! :)