Monday, January 27, 2014

Another T & G weekend

When I started to upload my pictures from the weekend, I realized that I needed a selfie lesson. Apparently I never know where to look: Tracey dead on, Gretchen, wandering right eye. 



So yes, Tracey and I spent the weekend together.

Of course, plans were per the norm...

Eat. Take selfies. Shop.



With shopping taking top priority, we had even decided to head south to shop at the "big" malls. But when I awoke to a winter wonderland on Saturday I sort of felt sick.

I mean there are only so many things to do when it's all snow town outside. So we quickly decided no matter what, we were going....



We forged ahead, like shopping forefathers.


And we rewarded ourselves for all that tenuous travel.



Actually the roads were totally fine.

But we were pooped from walking so much. I mean, shopping is hard.

But there is one store that always sends surges of energy through Tracey's veins.



And I settled in for the long haul, and assumed I would turn 40 in that COACH store.



Tracey is notorious for TAKING FOREVER TO PICK OUT A PURSE. And I'm totally not exaggerating.



But there was some sort of miracle. The COACH heavens opened up and Tracey made a decision, like fast.


I was stunned.


And you know that was probably the highlight of the shopping trip.

And I'll tell you why, TRYING ON JEANS IS WHY. Seriously, that's right up there with trying on bathing suits under fluorescent lights.

But after hours of shopping and zipping up pants that gave me have a muffin top, we finally rewarded ourselves with food. Even though Tracey was near death because we hadn't eaten in HOURS.


Yes, we tend to exaggerate and be dramatic, but we think we are funny, and we always have fun. :-)


And let me end with some wise advice Tracey dished out this weekend.... SO TRUE. SO TRUE.


Another fun weekend in the books!


4 comments:

Tracey said...

We *are* hilarious! Such a great weekend. Love you!

Jami said...

Looks fun. Missed you guys.

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

you girls are so cute!

Lynne and Nick said...

how fun! We hope to hit Nashville soon - love that area. Where do you normally shop there?