Monday, May 12, 2014

About Mother's Day

Sunday morning I had some extra time to linger around and one of the first things I saw made me chuckle and nod my head in agreement....



As I do each Mother's Day I asked for the chance to sleep in and check it out, it was a whopping 7:11! LATE!



They held off as long as they could but finally they charged in the room and overwhelmed me with cards and notes GALORE.



And check out my breakfast they served me. CUTE!



We had a very laid back day of frozen yogurt, throwing the baseball, and movies.


Of course we missed seeing our mothers.

As I was looking through old pictures it was clear: no one will ever look at you the way your mom does.



"The best life is a life invested in someone else."-Dr Mounts

Which perfectly describes a mom.



As a mom I often wonder what's gonna give?!

 We only have so many hours in a day, and we cannot possibly fit it all in. Will I work on my closets in my spare time or go throw the ball? Will I scrub things that haven't been scrubbed since Noah walked the earth, or will I read a book with them? 

Then I deal with the guilt. I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO IT ALL. 

But the truth is I cannot. 

Then I read this on Jessica's blog and just knew that THIS was for me. And I swear I'm going to tattoo it on my body. :-) 

Enjoy....


If I live in a house of spotless beauty with everything in its place,
but have not love,
I am a housekeeper not a homemaker.
If I have time for waxing, polishing, and decorative achievements,
but have not love,
my children learn cleanliness not godliness.

If I scream at my children when they don’t follow instructions,
get frustrated and fault them for every mess in our house,
and have no grace and love
my children learn that Mom cares more about having things done exactly her way
than about listening to the needs and hearts of her children.

Love leaves the dust in search of a child’s laugh.
Love smiles at the tiny fingerprints on a newly cleaned window.
Love wipes away the tears before it wipes up the spilled milk.
Love picks up the child before it picks up the toys.

Love accepts the fact that I am the ever-present “mommy,”
the taxi-driver to every childhood event,
the counselor when my children fail or are hurt.

Love crawls with the baby, walks with the toddler, and runs with the child,
then stands aside to let the youth walk into adulthood.

Now I glory in knowing that God’s in control and His grace is sufficient for each day.
All the projections I had for my house and my children
will fade away into insignificance,
And what will remain... the memories of my kids.

Now there abides in my home scratches on most of the furniture,
broken dishes with missing place settings,
and bedroom walls full of artwork , stickers, and markings,
But the greatest of all is the Love 
that permeates my relationships with my children.


Adapted from I Corinthians 13, by Jim Fowler.


I'm thankful for my wonderful Mother's Day.

 But mostly I'm just thankful to be a mom. I know this is place so many woman long to be and I don't take that fact for granted.


1 comment:

Susie said...

Love the breakfast!! Happy Mother's Day!