Monday, June 30, 2014

I witnessed my children experience terror

I had to take a break from posting about Indiana to talk about our little adventure on Friday.

BG has an amusement park called Beech Bend, I've never taken the kids but we decided to remedy  that on Friday. We loaded up and headed out for an adventure. 


This is no Kings Island, but it's still fun. Many of the rides are reminiscent of the ones I used to ride at the Salem fair while I was growing up. Throw me on the Scrambler and I can have fun!



I didn't want to lug my camera around there, so here are some really poor quality cell phone pictures.



Kids were having a ball.



Slow to warm up to some of the rides


So we took it easy with some of the smaller stuff at first. 



Easy Like Sunday Morning right here.



It was hotter than hades out there, but once we got going we didn't seem to notice it all that much.



And the more we rode, the more adventurous they became.




"Hey this one looks fun! It will take you up and then drop you down, give it a try!" "Okay momma!"  Look at those happy, completely unaware children...



Ooooooo what fun we are having!



Look ma, still smiling at you!



And then it happened, I witnessed my children experience terror.



Like pure terror.



This may make me the worst mother that ever existed, but I was rolling. Like dying laughing. And I just keep snapping away, with the sun glaring I was clueless as to the pics I was getting.


Then I saw the pictures and I died laughing again.



After I snapped this picture I did ask the lady there chilling with her lemonade to stop the ride so my children wouldn't die from heart failure, maybe that redeems me a little?


But I can promise that those two babies will never ride that ride again.

From there I seemed to have lost the kids to heat, fatigue, and probably Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome. I mean just look at them, they look like they need to be sponsored.


But once we recovered they decided they want to go back next week. WIN!

7 comments:

Tracey said...

Absolutely hilarious!

Susie said...

That is to funny and priceless of the pictures of them!!

Lynne and Nick said...

Oh my soul - I have to admit that I LOL'd looking at those pics. :)

Jessica said...

You crack me up.

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

Like they need to be sponsored!!! HILARIOUS. I remember when Isabella first rode that ride. I giggled like a school girl :-)

Jami said...

Those are awesome! Poor children :)

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

Best. Pictures. Ever.