Tuesday, February 22, 2011

He's happy, so I'm happy.

My single biggest worry (yes, I know I shouldn't worry) about moving, was taking Pierce out of CAI and putting him in a different school. I cried every.single.day over that. Some of that was my own sadness, I just wanted him at CAI, and it broke my heart that he would be pulled out. The other part, was that I was just so worried about him. He's always been a shy boy, and takes longer to warm up to new situations and people, and I thought he might be traumatized. I don't know about you other parents, but I always wonder what decisions I am making that will mess up my kids, HA!

Fast forward to today. He's happy, and is doing so well in school. Makes this momma VERY happy.


Saturday I took him to his first birthday party of one of his classmates. Pierce and Owen, and even Harvey the Hippo. ;-) Note, the bright red cheeks!!! He played sooo hard!!
Look at his sweaty head!!!! Only a mommy could love this. Oh, and he only ate the icing of the cupcake. LOVE THAT!!
This is a little unrelated. I went to Pierce's school to eat lunch with him, and was waiting in the hallway. Here was his picture on the bulletin board, for being a leader. Of course, I had to take a picture of the picture!!! Obnoxious?? I don't care.
I'm just so darn happy :-)

6 comments:

Jami said...

That is so sweet! I worry all the time too.

Susie said...

Glad he likes his new school!! I would have done the same thing about taking a picture in the hallway.

Jaime Mac said...

AWWWW! I'm so happy that Pierce is fitting in & making new buddies! I never had to move away when I was young, but I was shy so I understand your concern for him!
Now Hope...I don't think you're gonna have a worry with her...well-maybe that she has too MANY friends! ;)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

That's awesome!! I am so glad he is adjusting so well!! You should be so proud! He's such a nice young man!

Tracey said...

What a sweet post!! Geez, if I had a nickle for every time I worried about my decision and how it would affect the kids... U & I would both own a private island somewhere, with a yacht, with a nice big house and a maid, cook, pool boy, bar tender....
What were we talking about??

Jill said...

School is such a big decision. And you had to make that decision "on the fly" this time around. I can't imagine the worry there. Good for Pierce and good for you, too! It doesn't hurt that he has great parents, either! ;)