Sunday, February 13, 2011

Mom and Dad came to see us......

Okay, maybe not so much. A little over 6 years ago, I realized that my rank slipped a few notches. I think all you parents know what I'm talking about. You walk through the door, and everyone leaps for the baby in your hands, and don't even notice you are in the room ;) Not that I blame them at all!! I remember when my sister had her first baby, she would come over and I wouldn't even say hi to her, I would just run for that baby!! So, when I say that mom and dad came to see US, I would say that Paul and I just happen to be there, they really wanted to see those grand babies ;-)



Friday night was a good night to come down, this was Pierce's awards night at karate. He's now graduated to a purple belt!!! We're very proud of our "Lil' Dragon"
They called him up and presented him with his new belt.

Woot! Our little Jet Li.
Oh, and daddy wasn't there on Friday night. Why not, you ask?? Well, I say he's certifiably crazy......he went backpacking in this......
Can you imagine???? Him and a couple friends went to the Gorge and stayed the night. Crazy, I tell ya. He says it was wonderful.
So, back to Friday night. We all went to dinner at Montana Grill. Yummy!!! I realize I'm the one who actually looks crazy, but I'm telling you it's Paul, not me.
Neena and those precious grand babies!!
Papaw too!!!
Mom and dad got a hotel room, and the kids spent the night on Friday night, I went over on Saturday so we could all go hit the big town of BG..... Something epic happened this weekend, I realized we've ALL become connected. GASP, even my MOTHER. Please look at this picture, this is piece of evidence #1. Me on the blackberry (not a shocker) BUT MY MOTHER IS ON THE I-PAD.....
Proof #2....MOM ON THE I-PAD AGAIN, oh and check on the 3 year old.....
She's on the I-pod with headphones, watching a movie. What have we done to ourselves? Now our family bonding is all using our devices at once ;)
So, crazy man came back from the Gorge and we got a date on Saturday night. This was our Valentines. And we ended up where all hot dates end.......

The bath aisle at Target.
After a wild and woolly night at Target we figured we should go to church and repent.

Actually, we just wanted to show the rents where we now go.
And like all good Baptists, we did what Baptists do best. We went to eat after church.



And well, I think dad had enough. This time he was the one "bonding" with the family on his I-phone ;-)Thanks mom and dad for coming to see US :-) It was a really great weekend and we appreciated all that you did for us, and giving us time to get out without children!!

5 comments:

Susie said...

Glad to see that you got to enjoy family time even though everyone was using technology.Boy your husband must be crazy!! Glad he enjoyed himself though. Congratulations to Pierce!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

We are wanting to get Sam into karate. I think he would like it. I think we are going to wait until after the baby is born. Then, I will be off. The place we looked into is two nights a week and we aren't sure can take that on right now. I really want to try it though!

Jill said...

Wow! Great job, Pierce! BTW, the kid in the first pic with Pierce is cracking me up! I love going to Target on date nights. We almost always end up there. LOL!

Jaime Mac said...

HAHA! I can totally relate to all the electronic 'bonding'! Looks like B-rad's fam!
Funny post!!!

Tracey said...

Yea! Fun time with the fam. How funny is it that both our Mom's have the iPad? Man, I want to be like them when we grow up! ;)

Great pics and I'm glad Paul didn't freeze to death.