Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hope's first day of school!!!!!!

Today was a big day at the Bush's. My 3 year old sassy-frass of a daughter started pre-school today. She was sooooo excited. She woke up and said "I finally start school today!!" How could I be sad when she was so ready to go?? She picked out her outfit today, and was chomping to get out the door, of course I said "first we take pictures" Let me tell you, I didn't tell her to pose, I just said "smile pretty" but this was Hope's moment to shine, and well....



She struck a pose....
And another....
And yet another.....I just love her fun personality, she's a light!!!
Mommy tried to get a cute one of us ;)
Her school is at a church, twice a week. Broadway ELC (early learning center)
I asked her if she wanted to hold my hand "no mommy, I walk in" Soooo independent.
Then she sat right down to work a puzzle, and she already has a friend, Mya.
I walked out the door, and the tears began. I didn't see that coming, I guess I thought since she's so excited I would be okay, but she's my baby, so I cried. I haven't been alone in 6 years, this is weird for me, but when I picked her up, she was even more excited "when can I go back to school, how many sleeps" SHE LOVED IT. Warms my heart.

Also, a note about Paul. He's had to miss many firsts, because of either illness or work, and today it was because of work. I just want to say thanks to him, for working so hard so I can be a stay at home mom, and have the honor to experience all these first myself. I love Rico.

8 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

OMG! Thost pictures of her posing are too much!!! She is so pretty!! I love her personality!

Susie said...

She is to stinking cute and adorable. Glad to see that you do get to experience all the first.I know it is sad when you leave them but it makes it so much better when they are excited. Thanks for all the comments you give about my grandkids. They are so much fun and I am bless to be able to watch them.

Jami said...

Well look at Ms Thang! Lovin the track suit. My mom would love the leopard print. You need to fill us in on all you are doing with your free time.

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

How cute is she??? no really? She really really is :-)

Jill said...

She is an absolute doll! It's good she's so confident, but I'd probably shed a few tears, too! :)

Jaime Mac said...

OMG! Miss Thang with her hand on her hip & posing is cracking me up! I also LOVE her little red nails! ;)
Poor Rico - but ya know he is doing a good thing for his fam. Besides-he can totally read your blog to catch up on what happened! ;)
I'm w/ JLL-let us know what you're up to all day. But please clean up the empty bottles first... :)

Arthur Family said...

She is so full of life! Love the poses! Yes, what are you going to do now with a few hours of time to yourself?

Tracey said...

Srsly, she is so adorable. I see so much of you in her. I can't believe she is in school now. TEAR.