Monday, February 28, 2011

Doin' what best friends do best.

This past weekend, I traveled up to the promised land so I could have a fun weekend with my BFF. We haven't had much of an opportunity to do much since I moved, so we were super excited. Our husbands were sweet enough to give us the weekend, it was a nice break. Tracey and I have our things we like to do. We like to shop, eat, hang out with our other best friends, watch chick flicks etc., BUT this time we threw in something different for us. We did the Anthem 5k. This really isn't like us, but it was fun, even though we felt kinda out of place, with all the "real" athletes around us ;) However, we finished!!! Even if it was in the back with all the wheelchairs, old people and children, HA!



On Friday night, I stayed at Eric and Tracey's. I got Levi's room, and a sweet surprise waiting on my bed :-) Felt like I was at a B&B, it was super cute. The card was addressed to "Mrs. Rico Bush"

This was the inside....
Here was are, ready to go!!! HA! I love that my hat is blocking Tracey's eye.
Um, so I didn't know THAT many people would be there. Goodness. They said 10,000. Took us 22 minutes to get to the start line.
Here are the super athletes, cough, cough.
Oh, and check out this guy. Here he was running it for the 2nd or 3rd time? Tracey and I still hadn't finished. HA!!!
So, maybe we didn't break any records (well, maybe the slowest) but we did it, and I'm glad we did. It was a fun experience for us, but now that it was over, we could get to what we do BEST. EAT and SHOP.

We met up with Jami Leigh Lee, and it was so fun!!! I miss Jami :( She brought her handsome little man, and we sat and talked for and hour and a half. Felt like old times.
Like I said, we ATE. Always a common theme with us. After we had rested after our 'exhausting' morning, we got back out to do more of what we love to do.....Exhibit B.
And the thing that brings me joy right up there with eating......SHOPPING.
Can't you just see Tracey wearing this hat on the beach this summer?!?! Too cute.
We ended the night with Starbucks, cookies and chick flicks.
It seems like as soon as the weekend started it was over, but it was so fun!! I'm blessed to have such a wonderful BFF. Until the next getaway.....

6 comments:

Susie said...

Sounds like great friends!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

that sounds like so much fun!! great job on the race!! it is always a crowded one! those people that finish and run back drive me crazy!! how rude!

Jill said...

Way to go on doing the race, girls! :) When we finally got through the funnel the first time I did the 5k, a guy was finishing. Makes you feel oh so good. Looks like you guys had a blast!

Tracey said...

I had so.much.fun. We are blessed!! I am already looking forward to the next time... ;)

Arthur Family said...

Hooray for finishing! Thank God for friendship!

Jaime Mac said...

#1-Way to go on the race. Yes, the dude making a couple of laps is tre' rude.
#2-Card on the bed-too cute!
#3-shopping, chick flicks & cookies...be still my heart!

Glad you ladies had a fun weekend!