Sunday, February 6, 2011

Low Key Weekend (other than our Kung Fu Star)

Something unusual this weekend.......we've all been at home, and it's been very low key!!! Seems like most of our weekends are full of activities, or one of us traveling, so this switch in pace has been very welcome.


Friday night Pierce had his first testing in karate! Our little Chuck Norris, showed his skills. It was actually quite cute, and we see lots of improvement from when he first started. All the parents are behind the glass looking in, so pics are a little hard to see....
Palm strike.
The round kick.
And bowing to his instructor. Next Friday he will get an award for moving on. Since starting karate he's taking an interest in how he eats and exercising "to keep my heart strong" Oh, and of course he cant wait to break wood and go all Kung Fu on bad guys ;-)
We went to church today and lunch at Cracker Barrel, YUM!! We also worked on Pierce's Valentines for his class, CUTE!
I let him pick out each one for the students, something interesting I noticed. Whenever I told him it was for a girl, he ALWAYS picked the one with the hearts (these are spiderman cards albeit) I asked him why he did that, "because girls like those kinds of things" Funny, how quickly they realize these things ;-)
Miss thang of course changes her clothes 1900 times a day. This is outfit # 678. I can't help but think of the belly shirts we used to wear in the 90's when I see this. Bad, bad trend.
And this might be the perfect picture of the weekend. Rico taking a nap today. Like I said, low key!!!
Now getting ready to watch the Super Bowl......GO STEELERS!!!!

4 comments:

Jami said...

Nothing says making Valentines like doing it in your undewear.

I am seriously going to have to call Stacey and Clinton on your family, what is that get up Hope is in? She is usually pretty trendy, she missed the boat today :)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

love the outfit!!

we are hoping to get sam into karate in the fall. we think our life might slow down a bit them. doubtful....

Tracey said...

How come I didn't know you were rooting for the Steelers?? Um, YUCK! ;)

Glad you had a good weekend! Low key is nice...ahhh!!

Jill said...

Gretchen, every time I read about your Pierce I always think to myself I want Kade to be like that in a few years. He is such a handsome, sweetheart. And I love that your Hope is such a girly-girl. Too fun! God has blessed you! ☺