Sunday, March 20, 2011

Family, Friends, and a really tacky gift.

Another whirlwind trip to Indiana this weekend. It's pretty tiring to pack, pack up entertainment for the kids, keep kids entertained, drive two hours one way, stop for pee breaks, break up multiple fights, and find good songs on the radio that I can belt out, but it's worth it.....even though we missed daddy ;(


Friday night, my sister and her boys came to mom and dad's for dinner and just to hang. Jo-Jo loves her Hopie (aka, Tinkerbell)
And let me tell you, Pierce A-D-O-R-E-S his cousins, Nathan and Cody, literally hung the moon.
See that look? It's adoration for Nathan.
It was really nice to eat and just hang out together.....


And on Saturday I was able to spend some time with some of my girlies. Jami had a 31 party, which I had never been to one, so we hung out, ate too much (3 cupcakes right here, and that doesn't include the other stuff ;0) I also ordered some cute stuff for the kiddos, and I'm totally excited about what I'm going to do with it!! Stay tuned.....Left to Right, Melanie, Jill, Jami, me, and Tracey. So fun to all be together. Love my friends ;-)Sunday, we did more of what we do best!! EAT.
And Hope did what she does best. POSE.
Look, aren't they sweet, they play together so well, and never fight....
Maybe this is a little more typical these days..... ;)
Thank God for sisters!!! Funny how NOT close Jo and I were growing up, and now we couldn't be much closer. Oh, and it's pretty funny that the bow on the rocker looks like Jo's wearing it. ha!

It's really quite adorable what a 16 year old will do for his little cousins. He will play ball with the 6 year old....And color with the 3 year old. Too sweet ;)
Time to leave, and a picture with Neena and Papaw.
Really fun weekend, and kids are already asking when we can go back!!

So, I mention a tacky gift, right??

Let me tell you a little something about Tracey. She somehow has taken to getting me really tacky gifts..... One year I watched Levi for them when they went on vacation, and she said "I bought you something really awesome, I can't wait to give it to you" I open it, and it's a key chain, a CROC key chain (I don't have love for those little croc shoes) it was bright orange, and also said "I love Paul" I stood there and tried to compose a fake "I love it" when she busts out laughing. Let's see the next year, after visiting the beach she brought me back a shell ring. Like those kind we used to wear in 7th grade ;) And now this....
It's a "sock purse" She texted me the other day "I bought you something, to show off in front of your new Bowling Green friends" HA!! I love it Tracey, and I can't wait to see what you do next for me, you've set the standard high.


7 comments:

Arthur Family said...

Sounds like you guys had an awesome time! Think about how boring your life would be without Tracey and her gifts!

Susie said...

Glad to see you got to come home to visit. I went to my first 31 party this weekend too.

Jaime Mac said...

I just love that Hope. She should totally be on America's next top model!
Glad you had fun hanging w/ your girlie friends this weekend! It seems lately you're in IN more than you're in Keeeentucky! Which is just fine w/ you, I'm sure! ;)
(BTW I am NOT a crocs fan either... funny stuff from Tracey!)

Tracey said...

I'm glad you had a good weekend!! It was fun to see you. :)
And I'm SOOO HAPPY you love all your little tacky gifts. It's so fun to think of stuff that you gasp at!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

LOVE that change purse!!

Jami said...

I'm so glad you made it up for the party! I miss you!!!!

Jill said...

Looks like a GREAT weekend. That purse it awesome! :)