Saturday, March 5, 2011

Progress Report

Pierce brought home his first progress report from Natcher. Since I am not in the field of education, I'm not really sure how much reports from kindergarten mean, but I am sure proud!!!

A few things I want to jot down....."Pierce's attitude toward school is positive. He completes tasks that are asked of him in a confident manner and always tries his best. Pierce has done a great job in reading and math. In reading we are working on what to do if we get to a word that we do not know (sounding out, looking at pictures and deciding if makes sense or not) In math, we are working on number sense with numbers up to 10 and geometry, including solid figures. Pierce always has a positive attitude and is willing to try new activities with confidence. I am proud of all the progress Pierce has made and I am glad to have him in my class!" ...this was a note from his teacher, Miss Hurt.

Also, he participated in the G~MADE (Group Mathematics Assessment and Diagnostic Evaluation) it's a diagnostic tool to see where his math skills are and what needs to be taught. Pierce's total score based on Concepts and Communication, Process and Applications was an 8, which indicates above average overall performance in mathematics at this level. Also, his GSV (growth scale value) was a 478, anything greater than 474 would reflect a higher mathematic performance for kindergarten students.

I sure don't want to appear as a bragger, but I'm super proud of how he's doing in school so far!!! Keep up the good work buddy!!! :-)

4 comments:

Susie said...

Sounds like he adjusted to the moved good. Great job Pierce!!

Jaime Mac said...

Pssssh, be proud of that boy & brag your heart out!!!! :)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I am a teacher and it sounds great to me!!! nice work!!!

Jill said...

That's awesome! Way to go, Pierce!