Wednesday, March 23, 2011

This is the dress that proves Tracey right.

Let me share a little story with you all...

Weeks back, I was shopping in Wal-Mart and hating every minute of it, I decided I would text Tracey to share my misery, and the conversation went something like this....

Gretchen : "Tell me why whenever I come to Wal-Mart, I always pick the line with the crazy cat lady that has 876 cans of cat food to scan??"

Tracey: "I thought we agreed, that Wal-Mart was of the devil"

Gretchen: "It is, but I'm trying to be frugal"

Tracey: "You and the word frugal do not belong in the same sentence"

**Hmpf** I am frugal....right????

Okay, fast forward another couple weeks, and I lost my mind, people I plum lost it. I spent more on one dress for Hope than I ever have. As I was paying for it, I realized Tracey was right. **Double Hmpf** I won't tell you how much I spent, because I'm afraid I might lose my 10's of readers. But beware, you might see Hope in this dress A LOT. I actually plan on her graduating high school in it, getting married in it, and passing it on to my grandchildren. So, here it is......the dress that I plum lost my mind on.



7 comments:

Susie said...

How cute!! They are only young once, don't worry what you spend on them.

Jami said...

It is cute, I'll give you that. But yes, I do know how much you spent on it and you have lost your mind :) I still love ya though.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Oh that is CUTE!! I think I know where it came from too. Did you order it on-line? I've been to the site before.....I've considered a swimsuit for Miss Nora from there. I have no room to talk....I am NOT frugal! It's okay! Cut yourself some slack!

ginmommy said...

Yes Alicia, it came from Kelly's Kids, they do home shows, or you can order the stuff online. Super cute stuff!!! Just pricey.

Also, just to clarify, Tracey giving me a hard time is all in love. Not ugly at all. We like to give each other a hard time. Love 'ya' Tracey ;-)

Jill said...

Um, look how absolutely adorable she looks in it. TOTALLY worth it, I'd say! ☺ I love Kelly's Kids stuff. Sometimes I try to look for it on ebay. It helps with the price. . .a wee little bit. ;)

Tracey said...

I love this post. I totally remember that day...I srsly almost spit out my diet coke when you called yourself frugal. And did it again when you told me about the dress. BUT, you know I LOVE IT!!! I love shopping. Hope could wear a plain white t-shirt and look adorable.

Love ya too. Miss ya!

Jaime Mac said...

Cute post. I'm upset you didn't tell us how much you spent bc I wanna gasp at you. Consider this reader g-o-n-e.......

Ok-I can't do it. I have to stalk you.
That dress IS cute, I'm sure you paid the most for that 'H' :) I love yours & Tracey's conversations. You could probably have a zillion blog posts on just those!