Thursday, March 31, 2011

TV blog off

So, we used to do this thing called a "blog off" we would pick a topic and all blog about it. We kids stopped for a while, but Tracey had the idea that we should all blog about our favorite t.v. shows, so here we go again, and feel free to join in bloggers!!!

I must start by saying that my relationship with t.v. shows is kinda weird. I will get really into a show and watch it all the time, and then the infatuation wears off. So, what I may like now, I may not like next season. I'm not a huge t.v. watcher, but I do enjoy crawling into my bed, and losing myself in a show :-)

Here we go.....

American Idol. I used to watch this show a few seasons ago, then got bored with it. I decided to give it a try since the judges are new this year, and I do like it mucho better. I think Jennifer Lopez is too cool, and Steven Tyler is a funny guy. However, I can already feel my infatuation wearing.

Glee. Last season I was IN LOVE with this show, it was my new obsession. However, I have been disappointed in it this season, but I do still DVR it, and watch it. I feel like I can't just give up on it. I keep holding out that it will improve, if it doesn't by next season I will quit.

WNTW. This is What Not to Wear. Now, I have watched this show for years, and I don't ever see myself giving this one up. I just LOVE watching people get makeovers, and Stacy and Clinton (the hosts) crack.me.up!!! It's amazing to me how just dressing your body type the correct way, can make a person look sooooo much better, and of course I love to imagine myself getting a week in NYC with 5,000 dollars to spend!!!

Oprah, and Behind the scenes with Oprah. Yes, I'm one of those women who watch Oprah. I just like her. I don't always agree with her, but I like her. Then when I saw they were doing a behind the scenes thing, I knew I would like that. I enjoy watching how a show gets put together, and all the drama. Oh, and I'm sure I'll cry when her last episode airs ;-)

Paula's best Dishes. This would be Paula Deen, on the food network. I have my DVR set to record new episodes. They air tons of episodes, but I only want to catch the new ones. I just love her!! Oh, and her cutie patootie sons. I love to watch her cook, and look at her incredible kitchen, and wish I could eat all the things she makes! She just makes me happy.

So, that's about it. I do have other shows that I love, and if I run across them I will watch them, like The Andy Griffith Show ;-) But the above are my regulars, now after I read all my fellow bloggers lists, maybe I will try some other shows. So, have we now started the blog off's again??? I hope so :-)

5 comments:

Jami said...

I had no idea you were on Oprah fan. I dont know if we can be friends anymore.

Tracey said...

Ahhhh, I miss you being here and catching a few episodes of mindless tv while the kids were playing!! :(

Jaime Mac said...

HAHA, JLL! I was thinkin' the SAME THING!
I can't believe you are wavering on Glee! I watched it at first & then had to bump it for something else I liked more (I have no idea which show it was tho...). Everyone just RAVES about Glee & I just don't get it. But I've heard they're doing a 'born this way' Lady Gaga ep...

Jaime Mac said...

And yes...blog-off's are back ON...for now! I've got 2 subjects lined up but ya'll gotta help me!
First will be the most memorable moment of your life NOT counting meeting your spouse, getting married or having kids. (Kiersten's rules...not mine...but I like it!)
Then I thought we'd do our fav music! :)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

LOVE IT! I do like What Not to Wear. I didn't even know it was still on! :)