Friday, March 4, 2011

Donuts with Dads, Muffins with Mom, and a big ol' surprise!!!

We have had a very fun week here at the Bush's!! All this week at Pierce's school was the Book Fair (didn't you just love the book fair as a kid??) In conjunction with the book fair, Pierce's school had special days for the parents to come (this I might add, very smart, we all spent a boatload on our kids!!!) Tuesday was 'Donuts with Dads' Cute!!! Of course, I sent Paul with specific instructions to take pictures, he made me proud....


Paul spent almost 30 dollars, HA!!! Like I said, smart move on the school's part ;-)They had a carnival theme. It was very well done.
Good job daddy!!!
Wednesday was 'muffins with moms' Ahhhh, I just loved it.

Check out some of this reading material!! WOW. It sure has changed the last year or so. ALL BOY STUFF!!!Move to Thursday. This was grandparents day, and since the grandparents now live either 2 or 9 hours away, I wasn't sure that Pierce would have any that could come. Meemaw and Grandpa, couldn't make it (9 hours away!!!) of course they wanted to be there, but totally understandable. My parents decided to come down, but we all decided to make it a surprise. Shew, that was hard to keep!!! Pierce, kept saying things to me like "well, I guess I wont have anyone there" I just kept trying to play it off. Hope had no idea either!! So, around 8:00 Thursday morning, there was a knock at the door, I said to Hope "Hopie, there's a surprise at the door, come see" and the next few moments were priceless, luckily my dad captured a picture as she saw them at the door!!!


SO surprised to see her Neena and Papaw at the door!!!
We headed on to Pierce's school. I was so excited!!!
My parents waited in the library and I went to get Pierce. When he saw me he said "what are you doing here, your not my grandparent" and then I think he smelled something suspicious...
Thank goodness my dad is a camera obsessed man, yes I give him a hard time, but he caught some priceless moments. Pierce was so surprised!! He just kept smiling and turned bright red. It was a moment I wont ever forget.
Love that my parents drove 2 hours for this.
My children are so blessed to have two sets of grandparents that love them dearly.
We even all came back for lunch with Pierce that day. Seriously, he was like a little rock star ;)

Hope was all in that action too!! She loves going to her brothers school for lunch!!My parents stayed through dinner. My mom and I took the kids on a bike walk, and Pierce brought home, Harvey the Hippo again, so we had to get pics of them with Harvey!!
Harvey even ended the night with us at Red Lobster.
It's been a great, fun week. Very thankful to my parents for coming, and to my dad for the pictures. We love you guys!

5 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

what a fun week!!! and SO SMART on the school's part! HOLY COW! they will get someone in there to spend some cash!

Susie said...

That is a great idea for the school to have special days for everyone!! Cute pictures!!

Jami said...

That is so awesome your parents drove down for that. So great of your dad to take pictures of the reactions. Priceless!

Tracey said...

What a fun week!! (Love your mom's "splash of red" purse!) Very sweet of your parents to come down AND that you kept it a surprise. :) Great post!

Jaime Mac said...

OH I am totally crying right now! (Totally unlike me...it's pms...) What an awesome surprise! LOVE all the surprised & happy faces!!!!
(And yes, I SO loved the book fair!)
They didn't do all this 'mom, dad & grandparent' stuff back in the old days! What a fun treat!!