Thursday, June 23, 2011

First day of Summer was June 21st, right?

Today was a continuance of NO BOYS ALLOWED, and our agenda for today was to do some shopping. We headed out for Meemaw's favorite store....

Time to peruse the knick knacks and find a trinket we just might HAVE to buy. Of course, we were greeted by Fourth of July displays, makes sense right? Seeing that it's summer and it's right around the corner....
And you know the first day of summer was only MONDAY June 21st, that would be a mere 2 days ago, just getting started in our summer fun, right??


So, imagine our shock when we turned a corner and this was down the isle...."Oh surely, it's just this display."
WRONG.
I know I've seen Christmas out in August, but NEVER have I seen in out in JUNE!! People!!!
And not just a little.....

Even the big man himself. You know I love Christmas like crazy, but this is extreme.Even though I found Jami and Tracey's Christmas gifts. A COLTS nutcracker. You're welcome girls.
Once we got over our shock it was time to get back to shopping at hand. I wonder if she sees me taking lots of pictures??
Taking pictures of all the awesome things she found.

Until an isle of mirrors drew her in like a moth to a flame. She was strutting her stuff up and down, watching every minute of it. Can't you just hear Ru Paul singing "you better work it girl"OH MY WORD.
A little girl's paradise.

The exact sentiments of our day ;)
Happy to say that the boys are back from their trip....stinky, fishy pictures to come :-)

5 comments:

Jill said...

OMGosh, Hope cracks me up. I love how girly she is. And there is definitely something wrong about Christmas already being out. And you know I'm a Christmas girl, too. Just wrong.

Susie said...

Can't believe about Christmas stuff being out already. Hope is to cute just strutting her stuff.

Brittany said...

We were just there last night and I said the same thing! I have heard of Christmas in July - but not June!

Oh yeah, and my MIL and I were buying so fabric for the boys curtains.....and what is it with the people that measure and cut your fabric - they are ALWAYS in such a bad mood. Seriously. Every time, every person. I must be depressing to work in fabrics!?!?!?

Jaime Mac said...

That Christmas stuff is too much! LOVE LOVE LOVE Hope in front of those mirrors. She is hilarious!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

OMGoodness!! Christmas? Seriously!! RUDICULOUS!!! I love Hope!! I want to meet that girl some day. She is tooooo much!!! :)